Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
This year, we’ve decided to keep things simple, natural, and sustainable with natural and DIY Christmas gift ideas. That includes a few select wooden toys for the kids that will (hopefully) last for generations. We’re also focusing more on experiences than material gifts (for the most part).
There are so many great gift options for DIY homemade gifts, and I hope that others will consider joining me in gift-giving this way. Below are a few of my favorite homemade gift ideas and some suggestions for some simple gift baskets. Whether it’s under the Christmas tree or as a stocking stuffer, handmade Christmas gifts are an easy way to love on your family and friends.
Why Make DIY Christmas Gifts?
Modern society is flooded with stuff everywhere. We’ve been told that piles of toys, jewelry, and other items are what make the holidays. Thoughtful gifts, like easy DIY projects, not only save money but are a simple way to make Christmas more special.
And if you don’t have time for homemade gifts, it’s nothing to beat yourself up over. Spending quality time with loved ones is the important thing. If you’re looking for some last-minute gifts to buy, then check out my gift-giving guide for the whole family.
I’ve divided some of the homemade Christmas gift ideas by type of person (grandparents, kids, men, etc.), so you can easily find something for everyone on your list. There’s a lot of crossover though, and some DIY projects in one category may be perfect for someone else on your list.
DIY Gift Ideas For Men
Treat your man with holiday gifts he’ll love, from food gifts to homemade body care. The perfect gift doesn’t have to be crazy expensive or complicated. Whether it’s for grandpa, dad, or your significant other, these easy DIY Christmas gifts are just the thing.
- Herbal DIY aftershave recipe
- Spiced essential oil soap for men
- DIY men’s lotion recipe with essential oils
- Homemade beard oil
- Men’s deodorant
- Sriracha sauce recipe
- Sweet and smoky BBQ sauce
- Skin nourishing massage oil (gift to your significant other along with the promise for some massages!)
- Pain relief lotion bars – perfect for aches and pains from age or working out.
- Shaving soap recipes
- DIY fleece-backed t-shirt quilt (one of my husband’s favorite gifts I’ve ever given him)
DIY Christmas Gifts for Grandparents
Many of these Christmas crafts are simple enough for the kids to make for grandma and grandpa. There are also some DIY beauty recipes that are great for mature or drier skin types.
- Relax sore muscles with these natural detox bath recipes
- Homemade Christmas ornaments from the kids make a great keepsake
- Reusable rice heat packs make great hand warmers. Lay it across the neck to ease tense shoulder and neck muscles
- A picture frame with a drawing or painting from the grandkids in it
- Stovetop potpourri mix in a mason jar
- Shea butter lotion bars
- Anti-aging rosehip seed oil facial moisturizer
- Hot chocolate mix – add the dry ingredients from this hot cocoa recipe to a mason jar. Attach a cute label that gives the proportions of the wet ingredients to add (butter, milk, and sweetener)
- DIY canvas photo print – a perfect personal gift of a favorite photo for a loved one. A sophisticated and artistic looking canvas, but DIY to avoid the photo lab price tag
- Cracked heels salve
- Use beads and leather string to make a homemade keychain
- Have the kids help make DIY snow globes with their pictures inside
- Drawer fresheners
DIY Christmas Gifts for Women
Your child’s teacher, your mom, your best friend… here are gifts that women will enjoy this holiday season. While you’re at it, don’t forget to make some extra for yourself!
- Lavender peppermint bath salts
- Sugar cookie lip scrub
- Gingerbread body scrub
- Mulled wine – put the mulling spices in some tins or a nice bag and gift it along with a bottle of healthy wine
- River rock acupressure mat
- Healing lip salve
- Tinted lip balm
- Homemade lipstick
- Luxurious sugar scrub recipe
- Beach waves natural hair spray
- Homemade dry shampoo
- Luxurious lotion recipe
- Whipped body butter recipe (like velvet on the skin)
- Coffee under eye cream
- Vitamin C and witch hazel facial toner
- Eyelash growth serum
- Vitamin C serum
- Rose bath melts
- Vanilla mint chocolate massage butter
- Frankincense face cream
- Shea butter eye cream
- Cleansing grains
- Chai sugar scrub
DIY Christmas Gifts for Kids
It depends on your child’s age and gender, but in general, here are some fun DIY gifts for the kids. The little items also make great stocking stuffer ideas!
- Bath bombs
- Herbal tea blends (delicious and health-boosting) along with a cute mug they’ll love
- Homemade marshmallows
- Homemade fruit snacks (aka gummy bears)
- Chocolate mint candies (like Junior mints)
- Natural DIY eyeshadow that’s subtle but fun to use
- Lotion bars are a great way to moisturize without the mess
- Homemade deodorant bars – great for teens!
Health-Related Gift Ideas
- Homemade magnesium oil – great for improving sleep, energy, hormones, and more
- Healing clays – for masks, internal and more
- Coconut oil – because there are 100+ ways to use it!
- Homemade tooth powder recipe – helps sensitive teeth
- DIY remineralizing toothpaste
- All-natural vapor rub
- Homemade healing salve – like Neosporin but natural
- Homemade buckwheat pillow eye mask
- Or, if you are really motivated, you could put together an entire herbal first aid and natural remedy kit
Gifts for a Healthy Home
Edible Christmas Gift Ideas
Instead of sugar-filled candy canes and drink mixes, gift your loved ones some homemade food items. Who wouldn’t want a cute hand-packed box of homemade truffles?
- 14 homemade herb and spice blends
- Healthy delicious chocolate recipe
- Coconut cream recipe
- Healthy chocolate truffles
- Himalayan salt
- Gochujang paste
- Kombucha starter and instructions
- Water kefir and instructions
- Homemade dog treats
Gift Basket Ideas
Gift baskets are great for family members, co-workers, or friends. They’re simple enough to put together but look impressive. Be sure to choose a cute basket or tote for your assorted items and arrange as desired! Browse through the categories above for options to put in your customized gift basket, or choose from the ideas below.
Herbal Teas Basket
Natural Baby Basket
- Some or all of these natural baby care recipes
- Foaming baby wash
- DIY cloth baby bibs
- Baby balm skin cream
- Homemade baby powder
- Homemade baby wipes
- Teething remedies
- Colloidal oatmeal bath to soothe skin
Mom-to-be or New Mom Basket
- This stretch mark salve to help prevent stretch marks
- Homemade magnesium oil to help with nausea and afterpains
- Healing clays for “pregnancy mask” or itchy skin
- Red raspberry leaf tea to tone the uterus
- Homemade healing salve for perineum healing post-baby
- Headache relief stick for pregnancy headaches
- DIY Remineralizing Toothpaste for strong teeth during pregnancy
- Healthy delicious chocolate (of course!)
Do you make any homemade gifts? Any ideas to add to the list? Share below!