I have a confession to make… I wasn’t always a fan of the pumpkin spice craze that would hit when Fall rolled around. Your tastes really must change as you get older, because now it’s not uncommon to find me eating pumpkin pie (unsweetened) while sipping a pumpkin spice latte!
Of course, pumpkin spice candles are also everywhere this time of year, but for health reasons I skip the ones at the store and stick to unscented beeswax. I still wanted that pumpkin scent wafting through the air though (so I could at least pretend there was pie), so I started researching how to make my own room freshening pumpkin spice spray.
A natural one of course!
Room Freshening Pumpkin Spice Spray
Scented candles used to be my favorite. After I learned all of the potential problems with most candles, I wanted to find a more natural alternative for making my home smell like Fall.
This simple room spray is my solution. I’ve made many homemade air fresheners with the same recipe but this is by far the best one for Fall. It uses essential oils and smells crisp, spicy, and sweet. These same oils can be used in a diffuser for a longer-lasting air freshener as well.
Feel free to experiment with the ratios in this recipe, but to me this is the perfect balance. Notes of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, orange, and even cardamom in the air… it might make you crave apple cider or some pumpkin muffins to go with it…
No special instructions needed, just mix and enjoy your fresh, sweet, and spicy smelling home!
Pumpkin Spice Spray Recipe
- Add the water and essential oils to a glass spray bottle.
- Put the cap on and shake well before each use.
- To use, spray into the air throughout the room.
Get more of your pumpkin fix with these recipes:
- Homemade Pumpkin Soup – Fall Favorite!
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Smoothie Recipe
- Honey Pumpkin Spice Face Mask Recipe
Other home-freshening ideas and DIY recipes to try:
- Natural Homemade Air Freshener Recipes
- How to Make a Natural Linen Spray (DIY Recipe)
- How the Home Microbiome Impacts Health (& How to Improve It)
- How to Make Natural Drawer Fresheners
Do you love pumpkin spice like me? What is your favorite scent for fall?