This episode was a really exciting one for me because it’s with someone who has influenced my life pretty dramatically. I’m here with Tony Robbins, who you’ve probably heard his name before, but if you haven’t, he’s an entrepreneur, #1 New York Times bestselling author, philanthropist, and leader that leaders call upon.
This is a very wide-ranging episode. We talk a lot about his new book, Life Force, which I highly recommend. But he talks about so many aspects of the cutting-edge things we can do to improve our health as well as common easy things that we can do that make a big difference. We end with a really, really important conversation related to mindset and just how profound that is from a physical health perspective and how it crosses over into many other areas of life as well.
Let’s join Tony!
Episode Highlights With Tony Robbins
- The reason he felt called to write this particular book right now
- How he reversed a “career-ending” diagnosis
- The surprising place he attended the top regenerative medicine conference
- How a family member getting terminal cancer sparked his research into alternative medicine
- Why he jumps 1,000 times a day on stage and handles a million pounds of pressure on his joints each time he is on stage
- The reason he always recommends a second opinion based on a Mayo clinic study where 88% of the time the diagnosis was different
- Shocking new research about cancer diagnostics
- How he maintains his incredible energy level using biohacks and daily habits
- The 7 master genes that influence mitochondria and energy
- How sirtuins affect energy, longevity, and disease
- Ways to increase sirtuin activity
- The new form of NMN that doesn’t break down like other forms
- Why he uses PEMF daily
- The top six killers and how to avoid them
- Fascinating research about sauna use
- What finally got him to start getting enough sleep
- Why heart attacks go up 24% in one day when we lose an hour in daylight savings time and the reverse happens when it goes back
- Shocking research about the importance of sleep
- His top sleep tips that make a big difference
- How powerful the mind is for healing and why this is the most important factor
- Why fear is one of the biggest risk factors for poor health
- The three decisions that will change your life: what am I going to focus on, what does this mean, what am I going to do
- Focus on where you want to go, not what you are afraid of
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Life Force: How New Breakthroughs in Precision Medicine Can Transform the Quality of Your Life & Those You Love by Tony Robbins
- BrocElite – Stabilized Sulforaphane
- Sulforaphane Benefits: How It Slows Aging, Fights Cancer & More
- How to Grow Broccoli Sprouts (& Why We All Should)
- 8 Sauna Benefits for Body and Mind
- Sunlighten sauna
- Clearlight Wellness sauna
- Creatrix sauna
- As A Man Thinketh by James Allen
- Anatomy of an Illness: As Perceived by the Patient by Norman Cousins
More From Wellness Mama
- 398: Sauna Use to Increase Lifespan, Improve Thyroid, Detox Safely, and More With Sauna Fix
- 245: Ari Whitten on Fighting Fatigue with Sauna, Sun, & Sweating
- 217: Connie Zack on the Benefits of Saunas
- 113: Wendy Myers on Detoxing Metals That Cause Fatigue
- 346: Sulforaphane: The “Broccoli Molecule” That Slows Aging, Fights Cancer, & Boosts Immune Health With BrocElite
- 336: How to Grow Sprouts in Your Kitchen for Nutritious and Inexpensive Food With Doug Evans
- 427: Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) and Health Optimization Medicine With Dr. Scott Sherr
- 328: How to Live Fearlessly and Work Through Roadblocks With Rhonda Britten
- Cryotherapy: Healthy or Hype?
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by BiOptimizers. As a mom, a woman, a human in general, I can experience a lot of stress on a day-to-day basis and I know a lot of you can relate. Did you know that when you are stressed, your Magnesium levels become depleted and low Magnesium levels cause an increase in stress which then again triggers a depletion of your Magnesium even more. It’s a vicious cycle and seeing that 75% of our population is deficient in Magnesium, chances are, you are suffering from this cycle too. This is especially true for moms as pregnancy naturally depletes Magnesium levels and increases the body’s natural stress response from carrying and delivering a child. Being stressed, losing sleep, and not feeling rested takes away valuable time and attention from your family and that is not something I am okay with, which is why magnesium is a regular part of my routine. I’m currently loving Magnesium Breakthrough by BiOptimizers which is the only organic full-spectrum magnesium supplement that includes 7 unique forms of magnesium. I notice a big difference in my stress and sleep when I take this one regularly, and my older kids have been taking it lately as well and have noticed improvements in mood and sleep. For an exclusive offer for my listeners go to magbreakthrough.com/wellnessmama and use the code wellnessmama to save 10% when you try Magnesium Breakthrough.
This podcast is brought to you by OLIPOP– a new kind of soda that is actually good for you (and tastes amazing). I’d given up on sodas a long time ago until I found Olipop… It tastes just like the sodas I grew up with, but unlike other sodas that are full of sugar, corn syrup, and artificial ingredients like aspartame, Olipop is made with natural ingredients that are actually good for you. And this is why Olipop is the fastest growing functional beverage brand in America. They have delicious nostalgic flavors like Vintage Cola, Classic Root Beer, Orange Squeeze, Cherry Vanilla, Strawberry Vanilla and their newest flavor Classic Grape. My personal favorite is strawberry vanilla and my kids love the root beer. They use functional ingredients that combine the benefits of prebiotics, plant fiber and botanicals to support your microbiome and benefit digestive health. And they have less than a tenth of the sugar of regular soda, all from natural gut-friendly sources. They are so confident that you will LOVE their products that they offer a 100% money back guarantee for orders placed through their website. I’ve worked out a special deal just for you. Receive 15% off your purchase. I recommend trying their variety pack. This is a great way to try all of their delicious flavors. Go to DRINKOLIPOP.com/wellnessmama or use code WELLNESSMAMA at checkout to claim this deal. OLIPOP can also be found in over 5,000 stores across the country, including Kroger, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and Wegmans.