Today’s episode is going to be all about the mental and emotional side of health, which I’ve learned plays a powerful role in overall physical health. I’m here with the fascinating and Emmy Award-winning Rhonda Britten. You may have seen her a few times on Oprah guest sharing her own tragic and inspiring story of personal transformation.
After Rhonda found her way from trauma to freedom, she created a program called Fearless Living that has worked to transform the lives of thousands and thousands of people. Today she shares her most practical tips and starting points for discovering your inner fears and shifting your inner voice to meet them.
Discretion Advised: This may not be an episode to listen to with the kids around.
Episode Highlights With Rhonda Britten
- Rhonda’s tragic real-life story that triggered a lifetime of emotional trauma
- The mental exercises Rhonda began that brought her back from the brink of suicide
- Why fear often goes undetected among our other human emotions
- The way fear works as part of our self-preservation instinct and neurobiology
- How learning the signals of fear can help bring clarity to our decisions
- Why we’ll never be able to get rid of fear, and what to do instead
- The reasons the brain can’t tell the difference between emotional fear and physical fear
- Why some fear is hereditary
- Rhonda’s simple 4-part system for retraining our brain to move from fear into freedom
- And more!
Resources We Mention
More From Wellness Mama
- 313: The Tapping Solution to Reduce Anxiety, Stress, and Pain With Nick Ortner
- 311: Getting Unstuck From Self-Sabotage With Erin Pheil of MindFix
- 298: Getting Back to Happy With Marc and Angel Chernoff
- 249: How to Harness Energy & Create Success From the Inside Out With Suzy Batiz of Poo~Pourri
- 290: Braving Dark Night of the Soul and Learning to Own Yourself With Kelly Brogan
- 105: How to Beat Anxiety and Resolve Panic Attacks with Targeted Amino Acids
- EFT: How Tapping & Emotional Freedom Technique Work
- Talking to Yourself With Self-Compassion (& Why It’s Healthy)
Could you relate to this episode? Do you recognize fear in your life? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This episode is sponsored by Beekeeper’s Naturals, which is my go-to source for all things bee-related. If you’re not familiar with them, they’re an amazing company. They make clean remedies that really work and that my whole family loves to take, no fight required. I’m sure you probably know that bees are absolutely vital to our global food system. And Beekeeper’s Naturals is on a mission to save the bees while creating products that support humans as well. They source all of their bee products sustainably and do a lot to support healthy bee colonies. All of their products, of course, are gluten-free, non-GMO, naturally-sourced, and keto-friendly. My personal favorite is their propolis spray which I use for natural immune support. I never have to fight my kids to take it because it tastes delicious and it’s my first line of defense at any sign of sniffles or cough or any time I’m traveling. I also really love their B.LXR Brain Fuel, which is a caffeine-free way to support focus and energy. I take this on days like today with podcasting when I need a little extra mental boost. As a listener of this podcast, you can save 15% on all Beekeeper’s Naturals products. Go to beekeepersnaturals.com/wellnessmama, and the code “wellnessmama” saves you 15%.
This episode is sponsored by UpSpring Baby, a company making innovative science-backed products for moms and babies. And I want to tell you about one of their products in particular because even though I’m not even currently pregnant or have tiny babies, it’s been really helpful to me. I really like their Stomach Settle nausea relief drops, which are great for any kind of stomach upset from motion sickness, which I get and a couple of my daughters get, to morning sickness. which I thankfully do not have right now, to any kind of bloating or digestive upset at all. I love to keep this on hand and my kids like them too. They help relieve nausea, motion sickness, gas, bloating, and any kind of digestive upset. In fact, I keep these in my car, in my emergency kit in each of my cars, and also in my purse just to have on hand because tummy aches can be a thing when out and on-the-go. Their lemon-ginger-honey flavored Stomach Settle drops contain not just one but three natural remedies for digestive upset, ginger, spearmint, and lemon. Plus, they contain vitamin B6 to help relieve occasional nausea, motion sickness, gas and bloating. Their ingredients are micronized, meaning that they provide faster-acting relief, and they have been really helpful, like I said, especially for motion sickness. They’re individually wrapped, they’re great for on-the-go, and I was able to negotiate a discount just for you. You can check this out at upspringbaby.com/pages/wellnessmama, and the code wellness10 saves you 10%.