Today we’re talking all about finances, side hustles, and entrepreneurship — what you need to know and why this is best time (maybe ever) to start a new venture. I’m here with Ryan Moran, founder of Capitalism.com, a site that teaches entrepreneurs to build businesses and invest. Ryan shares how he turned a $600 investment into an 8-figure company, and ways you can duplicate and build on what he learned along the way.
Many people are certainly feeling financial stress right now, so I think this is an especially timely episode. I hope these tips give you the confidence to take the leap and start putting your dreams into action!
Episode Highlights With Ryan Moran
- How to think outside the box and start a business
- Opportunities available in the market right now
- Why this is the best time in history to be an entrepreneur
- Unexpected benefits to nontraditional education
- Why your ordinary life may be enough to inspire the best business ideas (if you know what to look for)
- The most common mistakes new entrepreneurs make (and how to avoid them)
- How parents can help kids start their own business incubators
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Ryan Moran
- 12 Months to $1 Million: How to Pick a Winning Product, Build a Real Business, and Become a Seven-Figure Entrepreneur by Ryan Moran
- The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson
- Straight Line Leadership: Tools for Living With Velocity and Power in Turbulent Times by Dusan Djukich
- Primal Kitchen
More From Wellness Mama
- 361: Homeschooling and Raising Entrepreneurs With Nathan Barry
- 240: How Ethical Businesses Are Changing the World With Thrive Market Founder Nick Green
- 249: How to Harness Energy & Create Success From the Inside Out With Suzy Batiz of Poo~Pourri
- 85: How to Raise an Entrepreneur: Nurturing Risk Takers, Problem Solvers, & Change Makers
- Why We Are Creating a Business Incubator for Our Kids (And How)
Do you have a business idea? What is your biggest obstacle to getting started? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Four Sigmatic. You’ve heard me talk about them a lot and it’s because I love them so much. Their products are a regular part of my life and I can’t remember the last time I didn’t use at least one of their products. My hands down favorite is their coffee with Lions Mane and there are two ways I drink it… they make convenient packets that are great for adding to hot water for coffee on the go, and they make ground coffee with Lion’s Mane that is great for brewing just like you would any other coffee. Neither of these tastes like mushrooms… they taste just like coffee but provide the added boost from Lion’s Mane, which gives me clean energy and focus all day without the jitters or acidity of some other coffee products. I also love the coffee packets for the popular dalgona coffee that’s making the rounds on social media right now and I make it with Coffee with Lion’s Mane packets and coconut sugar for a delicious iced coffee treat. Check out this and all of their products at foursigmatic.com/wellnessmama and code wellnessmama gives 10% off.
This podcast is sponsored by Wellnesse, my new personal care company that creates products that go beyond just safe and natural and contain beneficial ingredients that nourish your body from the outside in. Many “clean” products simply don’t work. This is why I have spent the last decade researching and perfecting recipes for products that not only eliminate toxic chemicals but also have ingredients that work better than the conventional alternatives by nourishing your body from the outside in. I’m so excited to share these products with you and am especially proud of our whitening toothpaste which took years of formulating and dozens of rounds of tweaks to perfect. Our whitening toothpaste supports a healthy oral microbiome and strengthens tooth enamel naturally using ingredients such as hydroxyapatite, neem, and green tea to support tooth and gum health. Instead of fluoride, our formula contains green tea leaf extract, which is loaded with antioxidants. Plus, a phytochemical in green tea is shown to fight bacteria that leads to tooth decay. We combined this phytochemical with hydroxyapatite (a naturally-occurring mineral and main component of tooth enamel) to strengthen teeth and prevent cavities. Of course, fresh breath is paramount to good teeth brushing, and for that, we included peppermint leaf extract and neem. Neem prevents bacteria from sticking to teeth and turning into plaque. This protective measure means fewer bacteria, which leads to…fresher breath! Check out our whitening toothpaste and all of our products at Wellnesse.com. A tip – if you purchase a bundle or use auto-ship, you will receive a discount on both of those orders!