From glucose monitors to PEMF treatments, you know I’m always one to try something new in the name of health. I’m here with Dr. Scott Sherr, a board-certified internal medicine physician certified in hyperbaric oxygen therapy. He’s one of the foremost experts in the world on this therapy both in a medical setting and now for in-home use as well.
If you’re not familiar with hyperbaric oxygen therapy, you’re going to get a deep dive into it today. There are so many fascinating ways to use it and the research is growing in this area all the time. We cover how hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) works, when you might want to think about trying it, and how to find it.
Episode Highlights With Dr. Scott Sherr
- What HBOT is and how it was discovered
- The other implications of HBOT for various health conditions
- How hyperbaric is used and the approved uses in the US
- The way HBOT reverses a low oxygen state and why this is important
- How HBOT induced angiogenesis to regrow blood vessels
- The way HBOT increases stem cell creation
- Different types of HBOT chambers and how each one is used
- Dr. Scott Sherr’s recommendations of free or very inexpensive things you can do that have a big impact on health
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Dr. Scott Sherr
- Hbot Plus
- 8 Sauna Benefits for Body and Mind
- Reishi Mushroom Benefits for Immunity, Longevity & More
- The Benefits of Red Light Therapy (Photobiomodulation)
- Stalking the Wild Pendulum
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- Troscriptions– Use code WELLNESSMAMA for 5% off
More From Wellness Mama
- 412: Getting the Benefits of Ozone Therapy With Biocharged Scientist Ian Mitchell
- 402: How to Use Glucose as a Continuous Health Marker for Metabolic Health With Dr. Casey Means of Levels
- 282: An Electric Approach to Fitness, Rehabilitation, and Brain Health With NeuFit
- 189: How Red Light Therapy or Photobiomodulation Works & How to Get the Benefits With Joovv
- 164: Using Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy & Sound Therapy to Improve Health With HealthGAINS
- Sulforaphane Benefits: How It Slows Aging, Fights Cancer & More
- What are Telomeres and Can They Reduce Aging and Improve Longevity?
Have you ever tried HBOT? What was your experience? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This episode is sponsored by Four Sigmatic, the superfood mushroom company! I love all of their products, especially their coffee infused with brain-boosting lion’s mane and their reishi elixir at night for awesome sleep. I’ve also recently been trying their protein powder and really love their peanut butter flavor. Peanut Butter is one of my weaknesses, and I love that I get all the flavor of it in this protein packed format. Go to foursigmatic.com/wellnessmama and code wellnessmama gives 10% off
This episode is brought to you by Wellnesse. We make personal care products that go above and beyond just non-toxic to actually be beneficial for you from the outside in. I realized years ago that even some of my most naturally minded friends and family members who made an effort to eat organic food and be really cognizant of what they brought into their homes were still using certain personal care products, mainly hair care and oral care. And the reason was, they weren’t willing to sacrifice how they looked and felt just to use natural products. And none of the natural products they were finding really lived up to the conventional products as far as how effective they were. So, I resolved to change this and realized I had things that I’ve been making in my kitchen for years that worked just as well and that I could share with other families, and thus Wellnesse was born. You’ve probably heard that what goes on our body gets into our body and that many of the chemicals we encounter end up in our bloodstream. To me, this means non-toxic and safe should be the absolute bare minimum baseline for any products that are in our lives. But I wanted to take it a step further. I wanted it to use this to our advantage to actually put beneficial ingredients in our hair care, toothpaste, personal care products so that we could benefit our body from the outside in. Why not use that wonderful skin barrier to our advantage?
Our hair care is packed with ingredients like nettle, which helps hair get thicker over time. Our dry shampoo has scalp promoting products that really help follicles stay strong. And our toothpaste, for instance, has a naturally occurring mineral called hydroxyapatite, which is the exact formulation or exact mineral that’s on our teeth that’s present in strong enamel. So they’re all designed to work with the body, not against it to help you have stronger, healthier hair and teeth. We now have a hand sanitizer that doesn’t dry out your hands like many hand sanitizers do. I would be honored if you would check it out and I would love to hear your feedback. You can find all of our products at wellnesse.com.