This stir-fry is easy to make and has a burst of flavor from the chicken, apples and fennel bulb. It’s a great easy meal idea and delicious for breakfast as well.
If you’re looking for a fast and inexpensive dinner idea, I suggest this!
- 3 chicken breasts or the meat from 1 whole roasted chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- 2 apples
- 1 onion
- 1 bulb of fennel (can replace with another onion if you don’t like the taste of Fennel)
- 1 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, garlic powder and basil
- There are two ways to make this recipe.
- Stovetop: Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces. If chicken is raw, heat butter/coconut oil in large skillet or wok until melted. Add chicken and cook on medium/high heat until chicken is cooked through. (If chicken is pre-cooked, cook the vegetables first then add chicken) While cooking, cut the apples and onion into bite sized pieces (1/2 inch) and thinly slice the fennel bulb into thin slivers. Add all to skillet or wok, add spices and continue sauteing until all are cooked through and fragrant. This will take approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Oven: Preheat oven to 375. Grease a large baking sheet with butter or coconut oil. Chop the chicken and place on baking sheet. Cut onions and apples into bite sized pieces and sprinkle on top of chicken. Thinly sliver the fennel bulb and sprinkle on top of onion/apple mix. Sprinkle with spices and place in the oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes until chicken is completely cooked through. Turn over once at about 20 minutes and add more coconut oil if needed.
Ever cooked with Fennel? What do you use it for? Tell me below!