Confession… I am a lazy cook! That is why most of the recipes in my cookbook take 15-30 minutes and one pan to make. It is why I absolutely love stir-frys and let my children learn early how to help prepare and cook them.
My chicken vegetable stir-fry includes chicken, onions, summer squash, and broccoli, but can be substituted with any of your favorite veggies! This is one of the fast dinners I make when we are on the run. It isn’t fancy, but it tastes great and the kids always eat it!
Chicken Vegetable Stir-Fry
It is a very versatile recipe and different seasonings can change the taste to make a completely different dish. I’ve used many of my homemade herb and spice blends on this stir-fry. Some of my favorites to use with this are curry powder, Cajun seasoning, and Italian seasoning.
If you want a quick and healthy meal idea, give this one a try!
Chicken Vegetable Stir-Fry Recipe
- Chop chicken and vegetables
- Heat large skillet or wok to medium high heat, melt butter in it
- Add chicken and cook, stirring constantly until cooked.
- Add seasonings (if desired) to chicken as you go
- Add vegetables and cook until slightly soft. I suggest adding onions first, then squash a few minutes later, then broccoli at the end.
- Season more if desired
- Serve when fully cooked
What’s your favorite stir-fry?