We’re bringing you a bit of a “special edition” episode today by taking some time to really talk about all that is going on in the world. There are practical and evidence-based strategies and supplements that I’m using to focus on gut and immune health right now and to keep my family, hopefully, safe and well.
When I thought about who I should have this conversation with, my friend Tina Anderson immediately came to mind. Tina is an expert in all things gut health, especially since she founded a company that makes my favorite probiotic and IGG supplements (more on that in a minute).
Along with diving into the science on gut health and its importance for a strong and healthy immune system, as moms we brainstorm some stress-reducing strategies and lifestyle hacks that are inexpensive or completely free, and can help us all stay happy and motivated to make the best of our circumstances.
- What we are doing right now for ourselves and our families during coronavirus
- The connection between gut health and strong natural immunity to germs and viruses
- Diet and supplement hacks that can boost immune systems
- What IGG is and why it has a role in fighting viruses
- How emotions and stress play into our overall wellness
- Ideas for your daily routine to stay sane, connected, and even happy during isolated or difficult times
- Tips for families navigating difficult conversations with kids
- An antidote for stress for adults and kids that is completely free and available even during quarantine
- Why to consider intermittent fasting right now
- How we’re finding the silver lining in all this
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Just Thrive probiotic, vitamin K, Gluten Away, and IgG supplements
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
- Books by Ryan Holiday
- Barrel sauna
- Infrared sauna
- Dr. Peter Attia
More From Wellness Mama
- 484: Steve Wright on Tributyrin Breakthrough Molecule for Microbiome, Histamine and Leaky Gut
- 244: Debunking Probiotic Myths With Just Thrive Founder Tina Anderson
- 322: Coronavirus & COVID-19: A Common-Sense Approach With Pediatrician Dr. Elisa Song
- 262: Dr. Andrew Weil on Integrative Medicine, Reducing Inflammation & Most Important Factors for Health
- 289: Stoic Wisdom for Modern Life and Parenting With Ryan Holiday
- 219: Why Everything We Know About Probiotics Is Wrong & How to Stop Leaky Gut With Microbiologist Kiran Krishnan
- 318: Fecal Microbiota Transfer (FMT) for Gut Health and Autism
- 11 Convincing Health Benefits of Sweating
- 8 Sauna Benefits for Body and Mind
- Tips to Naturally Reduce Stress & Starting Now!
How has the pandemic affected you? What are you doing to stay healthy and occupied? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is sponsored by Jigsaw Health, my source for magnesium. You probably know, if you’ve read my blog, that magnesium is responsible for over 300 biochemical reactions in the body. It impacts blood pressure, metabolism, immune function, and many other aspects of health, including hormones. It’s known as the master mineral and it’s one of the few supplements I take regularly. And I have found a specific way to take it that works best for me in very specific forms because if magnesium is taken in the wrong way it can lead to digestive upset or if it’s taken too quickly it can cause all kinds of problems. So, I take two supplements. One called MagSRT which is a slow release form of the dimagnesium malate. The slow release technology makes it easier on the digestive system. So I don’t get any of the digestive disturbance that comes with some forms of magnesium. I take this form in the morning and at lunch. So, two capsules with breakfast, two capsules with lunch. And at night, I take a different product MagSoothe, which is magnesium glycinate which is magnesium bound with the amino acid glycine to help sleep. And in combination, I noticed the biggest effect from those two particular products. You can check them both out and save by going to jigsawhealth.com/wellnessmama. And the code wellness10 will give you $10 off any order.
This podcast is brought to you by Wellnesse, a new company I co-founded to bring the best personal care products from my family to yours. Our whitening toothpaste is based on my DIY formula that I have been making and perfecting for over a decade. Now, after almost 100 rounds of tweaking the formula and thousands of positive reviews, I could not be more proud to share this with your family. Have you ever read a tube of normal toothpaste? I did when my older kids were little, and I found a warning that said, “Warning, keep away from children. Do not swallow. If ingested contact Poison Control or seek medical attention immediately.” That seemed a little extreme for something that I was putting in my mouth and my children’s mouth multiple times a day. And I didn’t want my kids using something that often that I would need to call a poison control center if they accidentally swallowed. I set out to create a truly safe and effective alternative. And the Wellnesse Whitening toothpaste is just that. It’s designed to support the oral microbiome and the natural process of saliva and teeth so that teeth can stay white and strong. This dentist approved formula is safe for the whole family and will leave your teeth shiny and your breath fresh. You can check out our toothpaste and our completely natural hair food hair care products at wellnesse.com. An insider tip, if you grab an essentials bundle or try autoship, you will lock in a discount so that you can try everything at a great price.