I am here with a dear friend and a previous podcast guest – Tina Anderson of Just Thrive. She began her career as a trial lawyer who specialized in settling cases by bringing both sides together, which is a personal passion of hers. And after her second child, she left her high-stress work behind to focus on family. And after her own health journey and a lot of research in the field of natural health, she found her life’s work, which is disease prevention and health maintenance.
She’s the founder of Just Thrive and I’ve been using and talking about their products for years. I was excited to have her on today to talk about psychobiotics, which is a new term that is really fascinating. I’ve been doing some research on psychobiotics and we go deep on this with a focus on the gut-brain connection. She explains how the gut-brain axis is so important, how psychobiotics can influence mental health, how brain inflammation is often a source of a lot of stress and other issues that we have, and so much more!
Episode Highlights With Tina Anderson
- Why mood disorders are on the rise, even before the last couple of years
- The surprising and often unknown connection to gut health
- How the gut and brain are connected by the vagus nerve and how to support this
- 90+% of serotonin is produced in the gut along with dopamine and other neurotransmitters
- What postbiotics are and why they are important
- Why psychobiotics are important (and what they are)
- How brain inflammation is the root cause of many issues and what to do about it
- The worst offenders for brain inflammation
- How these psychobiotics can actually help with external stressors and stress response
- 80% of the immune system is in the gut
Resources We Mention
- Just Thrive Probiotics
- Just Thrive PREbiotics
- Just Calm Psychobiotic (use code wellnessmama15 for 15% off all orders)
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- I can See Clearly Now by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
More From Wellness Mama
- 327: Optimizing Gut Health to Keep the Immune System Strong With Tina Anderson
- 219: Kiran Krishnan on Why Everything We Know About Probiotics Is Wrong
- 363: Mind Body Green on Mental Health, Micro-Communities, & 80/20 Personalized Wellness
- 199: Autumn Smith on How Diet Affects Mental Healt
- How to Test Your Gut Microbiome (At Home Without a Doctor)
- What Our Poop Reveals About Digestive & Gut Health
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Join the Conversation...