This episode is all about the new science of how your body can heal itself. I’m here with Dr. William Li, a physician and scientist. He’s also the president and medical director of the Angiogenesis Foundation and the author of “Eat to Beat Disease.”
In this episode, we go deep on specifics related to this topic, including how he got into this field, how health is the natural state of the body, and how we just need to support the body and get out of its way. He also shares the surprising research showing that certain foods might have as much or more power as drugs to help the body beat certain diseases. He debunks some urban legends about certain foods (a couple of them might surprise you), and he shares his take on beer and wine drinking.
This was a very fun conversation for me. I think you will learn a lot. Dr. Li is a wealth of knowledge. So without further ado, let’s join him.
Episode Highlights With Dr. Li
- How he got into the specifics of beating disease with food
- The nonprofit he started and the ways it helps patients
- His focus on preventing disease rather than chasing and treating it
- Why health is the natural state of the body and how to work with the body to move to its natural state of healing
- The surprising research showing that certain foods might have as much or more power as drugs to help the body beat disease
- How the body interprets messages from food in various ways
- Foods that can prompt stem cells to heal us from the inside out
- How fasting comes into play with this
- Ways to reframe food choices to support the body without feeling deprived
- Urban legends about certain foods and why he takes a different stance
- His take on soy consumption… it might surprise you
- The surprising research and his take on drinking beer and wine
- How to support the gut to support the body in avoiding disease
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Eat to Beat Disease: The New Science of How Your Body Can Heal Itself by William Li
- His TED talk “Can we eat to starve cancer?”
- His FREE masterclasses
- Tao of Jeet Kune Do by Bruce Lee
More From Wellness Mama
- 169: Eric Remensperger on His Quest to Cure Cancer
- 490: Paul Jaminet on the Perfect Health Diet, Carbs, and Cancer Research
- 063: Todd White on How to Choose Healthy Wine
- 022: Vani Hari, the Food Babe on What Is Really In Your Food
- 160: Dr. Mark Hyman on What You Should I Actually Eat
- 441: METABOLICAL: The Lure and the Lies of Processed Food, Nutrition, and Modern Medicine With Dr. Robert Lustig
- 242: Dr. Izabella Wentz on Fighting Thyroid Disease With Food
- 038: Kelly Moeggenborg on the Reality of Real Food
- Is a Plant-Based Diet Good for All of Us?
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.