I love spinach artichoke dip at restaurants, but not being a fan of GMO-pesticide-filled-corn-chips makes dip not so fun! I love the flavors of this dip and wanted to figure out a way to incorporate them in a healthy meal that also included protein, thus Spinach Artichoke Chicken in the crock pot was born.
This recipe is very easy to make and cooks in the crock pot. It has the same taste and creaminess as Spinach Artichoke dip without the need to “dip” it. It is also excellent over a bed of cooked spaghetti squash to make a grain free pasta dish.
- 1.5-2 pounds of chicken breast, thighs or strips NO BONES!
- 1 package of frozen chopped spinach, very well drained
- 1 large (about 15 ounce) jar of marinated artichoke hearts (without vegetable oil or chemical ingredients)
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese (optional)
- 1 teaspoon each of Garlic powder, salt, pepper
- Chop chicken into bite sized pieces, season with garlic, salt and pepper and place in crock pot for 2 hours (on high) or 4 hours (on low) [Note: This can vary by crock pot.]
- When chicken is almost cooked, add the well drained spinach, drained jar of artichoke hearts, cream cheese, and parmesan cheese.
- Cook for another ½ hour to an hour until cheeses are well melted and stir to incorporate flavors.
- Top chicken mixture with mozzarella cheese and serve.
Ever adapted a restaurant recipe? Tell me about it below!