Ever had spinach artichoke dip in a restaurant? This recipe is similar to that but with more protein and no chips. I had a craving for spinach artichoke dip one night and decided to turn it into a whole dinner: spinach artichoke chicken in a slow cooker.
Spinach Artichoke Chicken
The chicken is topped with spinach, artichokes, and a mix of cheeses for a very protein rich (and low carb) quick meal that can be easily made in the Crock-Pot or on the stove.
Some kids might not like the strong flavor of the artichokes, but mine really enjoyed this recipe. We served it with homemade Caesar salad and it was wonderful!
This can be made in a slow cooker or just baked in the oven for about an hour.
Spinach and Artichoke Chicken Recipe
Yield 6 cups
A protein packed take on spinach artichoke dip that uses chicken as a base for a delicious meal...
- Chop the chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Season the chicken with garlic powder, salt, and pepper and place in Crock-Pot for 2 hours on high or 4 hours on low.
- When the chicken is almost cooked, add the well drained spinach, artichoke hearts, cream cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook for another hour until the cheeses are well and stir to incorporate flavors.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and serve.
If you'd rather bake this in the oven, simply combine all ingredients except the mozzarella cheese and cook it at 375°F for about an hour, adding mozzarella to the top for the last 10 minutes.
Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 21.1 g
Saturated Fat 11.8 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 644 mg
Total Carbohydrates 5.5 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 20.6 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
What is your favorite Crock-Pot recipe? Share with me below!