Ever had spinach and artichoke dip in a restaurant? This recipe is similar to that but with more protein and no chips. I had a craving for spinach & artichoke dip one night and decided to turn it in to a whole dinner: spinach artichoke chicken in a slow-cooker.
Spinach Artichoke Chicken
Chicken is topped with spinach, artichokes and a mix of cheeses for a very protein rich (and low carb) fast meal that can be easily made in a slow-cooker or on the stove.
Some kids might not like the strong flavors in the artichokes, but mine really enjoyed this recipe. We served it with homemade Caesar salad and it was wonderful!
This can be made in a crock pot or just baked in the oven for about an hour.
- 2 lbs of chicken breast or strips (or one of those bags of frozen chicken)
- 1 package of frozen chopped spinach, very well drained
- 1 large (about 15 ounce) jar of marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 package of cream cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese (optional)
- Garlic powder, salt, pepper
- Chop chicken into bite sized pieces, season with garlic, salt and pepper and place in crock pot for 2 hours (on high) or 4 hours (on low) [Note: This can vary by crock pot.]
- When chicken is almost cooked, add the well drained spinach, can of artichoke hearts, cream cheese, and parmesan cheese.
- Cook for another hour until cheeses are well melted and stir to incorporate flavors.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and serve.