There are plenty of anti-aging skincare products out there claiming to help turn back time. But what if there was actually a way to rejuvenate cells at their deepest levels? I’m here with Dr. Gladden today to talk all about the research on aging and how to make 100 the new 30. Once a practicing cardiologist with his own heart group with ten offices and the co-founder of a heart hospital, Dr. Gladden has since shifted his focus.
Faced with being told his health problems at age 50 were just part of aging, Dr. Gladden decided to do something about it. Since then he’s been a pioneer in the field of longevity and runs the Gladden Institute. He’s helped develop and implement cutting-edge technologies that help our bodies turn back the clock.
We go deep into the different methods he uses and some practical ways we can implement these principles at home. We’ll also cover how as parents we can set our children up for longevity success. There’s so much helpful info packed into today’s episode and I’m sure you’ll learn a lot. So let’s jump in!
Episode Highlights With Dr. Gladden
- His own amazing story that led him into longevity work after working as a cardiologist for years
- An important tip when talking to a healthcare provider and some context to understand
- Ask better questions: How good can I be? How can I make 100 the new 30?
- What biologically determines when youth ends and aging begins (age 26)
- Aging is not a linear progression
- Can we actually slow and halt aging
- How to know how old you actually are and why we’re all a mosaic of ages in different parts of our body
- You’re really only as young as your oldest biological age
- Why your biology doesn’t like to be forced into a corner and why adaptability is important
- His take on intermittent fasting and fasting in general… and how to do it in a way that increases longevity
- How do we stay young for a long time and why he calls longevity the currency of impact
- His pillars of longevity
- Mindset: Be married to your questions and not your current answers
- Why he recommends donating plasma as a way to improve health
- His takeaway from the French Paradox and the beneficial herbs they ingest that decrease oxidative stress
- What he thinks of cellular reprogramming for aging
- His supplement recommendations
Resources We Mention
- Gladden Longevity
- Gladden Longevity Products (Use code Mama20 for a discount)
- Gladden Longevity Podcast
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
More From Wellness Mama
- 634: The One About Sauna Use and Benefits – Short Episode
- 506: Dr. Daniel Kalish on Aging, Mitochondria, Hormones, and Longevity
- 588: Dr. Nick Bitz on Aging, Senescent Cells, Senolytics and Longevity
- 332: An Eastern, Ancient Traditional Approach to Health & Longevity With Simon Cheng of Pique Tea
- 236: Caroline Angel on Blue Zones & Increasing Longevity
- 509: Dr. Hillary Lampers on Longevity, Aging Gracefully, and Her Hunting Podcast
- 398: Sauna Use to Increase Lifespan, Improve Thyroid, Detox Safely, and More With Sauna Fix
- 245: Ari Whitten on Fighting Fatigue with Sauna, Sun, & Sweating
- 524: Ryan Duey on Benefits of Cold Plunge for Metabolism, Mood, and Recovery
- What are Telomeres and Can They Reduce Aging and Improve Longevity?
Join the Conversation...