This episode is all about peptides, hormones, aging backwards and saving relationships. I am here with Josh Whalen, who is an expert in some of these topics. He’s the founder of Blokes and a new company called Joi, and through his own experience of low energy, lack of focus, dwindling drive, and other health issues, he reached out to find his own answers to this, and it led to what is now a business helping many people do the same.
We talk about a lot of these things today. We go deep on how we can drastically improve the divorce rate in the U.S. by optimizing couples’ hormones and how he learned this from his personal experience, steps to testing and optimizing hormones, the four major hormone markers we should be looking at, what peptides are, and how we can use them to our advantage, including a couple really fascinating new ones, some simple factors that can make a big difference in optimizing hormones, the peptides he recommends, and so much more.
Episode Highlights With Josh Whalen
- How we can drastically improve the divorce rate in the US by optimizing couples hormones and how he learned this from personal experience
- Why 10-20% of relationships are sexless
- Steps to testing and optimizing hormones
- The four major hormone markers we should be looking at
- What peptides are and how to use them to your advantage
- Simple factors that can make a big difference in optimizing hormones
- Peptides he takes on a regular basis
- His recommendations for hormones and peptides for women specifically
Resources We Mention
More From Wellness Mama
- 555: Cynthia Thurlow on Biohacking Your Hormones and Sleep for Women
- 588: Dr. Nick Bitz on Aging, Senescent Cells, Senolytics and Longevity
- 546: Dr. Trevor Cates on Hormones, Skin Health and Aging Gracefully
- 506: Dr. Daniel Kalish on Aging, Mitochondria, Hormones, and Longevity
- 538: Dr. Satchin Panda on Time Restricted Eating to Reduce Body Fat and Metabolic Syndrome
- 373: Why Sunlight Is As Important As Nutrition and Exercise for Health & Lifespan With Ari Whitten
- The Benefits of Sunlight for Sleep and Hormones
- 10 Tips to Help Balance Hormones Naturally
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.