I’m here with Dr. Chad Walding and we talk about collagen, the importance of protein consumption, and what he means by “staying on the path”. Dr. Walding is a doctor of physical therapy, a holistic health and fitness coach, a lifetime athlete himself, a speaker and the co-founder of NativePath. He’s committed to helping people transform their lives through eating, moving, thinking, and living. He also spent time with indigenous people in the Amazon to study ancestral and holistic health, and we talk about that a little bit as well.
We talk about problems with our forward-leaning society by how much we sit, the importance of getting enough protein and his guidelines for this, why he doesn’t suggest drinking liquid with your meals, why he agrees with me that there’s never a reason to consume processed vegetable oils, and how protein in the morning can really help with weight loss and lean muscle mass. We also spend some time talking about what makes collagen different and important and how to add it to your routine.
And much more!
Episode Highlights With Chad Walding
- His amazing experience spending 40 days in the amazon and learning from a tribe there
- The problem with sitting and his solutions
- Problems with our forward leaning and sitting society and how our bodies are adapting
- What he means by “getting on the path and staying on the path”
- The importance of protein and his guidelines for this
- Why he doesn’t suggest drinking liquids with meals
- Importance of hydration
- Why he agrees with me that there is never a reason to consume vegetable oils
- How protein in the morning can really help with weight loss
- What makes collagen important and how to add it to your routine
- The key to lasting positive change
- Why he believes collagen is magic for hair, skin and nails
- Other supplements he recommends
Resources We Mention
- NativePath Collagen
- Kettle and Fire Bone Broth
- Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food by Catherine Shanahan M.D.
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
More From Wellness Mama
- 561: Angelo Keely on Essential Amino Acids and Eating More Protein!
- 371: How Eating More Protein Will Transform Your Metabolism With Dr. Gabrielle Lyon
- 352: How Protein Improves Metabolism and Health With Billy Bosch From Iconic Protein
- 387: Ask Katie Anything: Protein, Supplements, Sleep, Parenting, and Shoes
- 326: The Catastrophic Consequences of Sitting Too Much and What to Do About It With Dr. Turner Osler
- 304: Ninja Warrior Travis Brewer on Movement, Gratitude, and Play
- Guide to Healthy Protein Sources
- NativePath Collagen Review
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Inside Tracker. I’m loving this because we now have access to more data about our health than we ever had. But sometimes it’s hard to know what to do with all the data. And that’s why Inside Tracker provides you with a personalized plan to build strength, speed, recovery, and optimize your health for the long haul based on your own data. It’s created by leading scientists in aging, genetics, and biometrics. And Inside Tracker analyzes your blood, your DNA, and your fitness tracking data to identify where you’re optimized and where you’re not. You get a daily action plan with personalized guidance on the right exercise, nutrition, and supplements for your body. And when you connect Inside Tracker with your Fitbit or your Garmin, you’ll also unlock real-time recovery pro tips after you complete a workout. It’s like having a personal trainer and a nutritionist in your pocket to interpret all that data and give you recommendations that are best for you. And for a limited time, you can get 20% off everything in the Inside Tracker store. Just go to Insidetracker.com/wellnessmama.
This podcast is sponsored by Kion Aminos… You probably know that the human body is mostly water. What you probably don’t know is that everything else in your body is 50% amino acids. These building blocks of life are essential for health and fitness. No matter how you like to move—whatever you do to stay fit—amino acids are essential. This is why KION AMINOS is my fundamental supplement for fitness. I drink them every day for energy, muscle, and recovery. Kion Aminos is backed by over 20 years of clinical research, has the highest quality ingredients, no fillers or junk, undergoes rigorous quality testing, and tastes amazing with all-natural flavors. If you want to naturally boost energy, build lean muscle, and enhance athletic recovery, you need to try Kion Aminos. You can now save 20% on monthly deliveries and 10% on one-time purchases. Just go to getkion.com/wellnessmama.