I’m here with Dr. Chad Walding and we talk about collagen, the importance of protein consumption, and what he means by “staying on the path”. Dr. Walding is a doctor of physical therapy, a holistic health and fitness coach, a lifetime athlete himself, a speaker and the co-founder of NativePath. He’s committed to helping people transform their lives through eating, moving, thinking, and living. He also spent time with indigenous people in the Amazon to study ancestral and holistic health, and we talk about that a little bit as well.
We talk about problems with our forward-leaning society by how much we sit, the importance of getting enough protein and his guidelines for this, why he doesn’t suggest drinking liquid with your meals, why he agrees with me that there’s never a reason to consume processed vegetable oils, and how protein in the morning can really help with weight loss and lean muscle mass. We also spend some time talking about what makes collagen different and important and how to add it to your routine.
And much more!
Episode Highlights With Chad Walding
- His amazing experience spending 40 days in the amazon and learning from a tribe there
- The problem with sitting and his solutions
- Problems with our forward leaning and sitting society and how our bodies are adapting
- What he means by “getting on the path and staying on the path”
- The importance of protein and his guidelines for this
- Why he doesn’t suggest drinking liquids with meals
- Importance of hydration
- Why he agrees with me that there is never a reason to consume vegetable oils
- How protein in the morning can really help with weight loss
- What makes collagen important and how to add it to your routine
- The key to lasting positive change
- Why he believes collagen is magic for hair, skin and nails
- Other supplements he recommends
Resources We Mention
- NativePath Collagen
- Kettle and Fire Bone Broth
- Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food by Catherine Shanahan M.D.
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
More From Wellness Mama
- 561: Angelo Keely on Essential Amino Acids and Eating More Protein!
- 371: How Eating More Protein Will Transform Your Metabolism With Dr. Gabrielle Lyon
- 352: How Protein Improves Metabolism and Health With Billy Bosch From Iconic Protein
- 626: The One All About Protein and Amino Acids – Short Episode
- 387: Ask Katie Anything: Protein, Supplements, Sleep, Parenting, and Shoes
- 326: The Catastrophic Consequences of Sitting Too Much and What to Do About It With Dr. Turner Osler
- 304: Ninja Warrior Travis Brewer on Movement, Gratitude, and Play
- Guide to Healthy Protein Sources
- NativePath Collagen Review
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Join the Conversation...