Today on the podcast we’re talking all about protein: how much do we need, what kind do we need, and how can know our kids are getting enough! I’m here with my friend Billy Bosch, the founder of ICONIC Protein, who knows this area inside and out.
We’ll explain exactly how protein works as a building block of healthy body as well as tips for optimizing your protein consumption depending on your athletic goals, your health goals, and just your overall dietary needs.
Episode Highlights With Iconic Protein
- What protein does for the body, and why most of us aren’t getting enough
- The reason more protein is great for weight loss
- The personalized factors we need to consider to determine how much protein is ideal
- Myths about protein and women
- Why your source of protein matters just as much as how much you eat
- How to load protein when intermittent fasting
- Time and resource management tips for entrepreneurs trying to juggle it all
- And more!
Resources We Mention
More From Wellness Mama
- 351: A Parent’s Guide to Precocious Puberty & How to Slow It Down With Dr. Anne Marie Fine
- 294: Using Targeted Nutrition to Alleviate Hormone Related Issues With Dr. Chris Masterjohn
- 255: Dr. Valter Longo on a Fasting Mimicking Diet and Increasing Healthspan
- 227: Using the Metabolism Reset Diet to Support Liver Health
- Guide to Healthy Protein Sources
- How to Choose a Clean Plant Based Protein Powder
- Is Protein Powder Healthy?
- Cricket Flour: A Healthier High Protein Flour
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This episode is brought to you by Wellnesse. That’s Wellnesse with an E on the end, which is my new personal care company that is dedicated to making safe and effective products from my family to your family. We started with toothpaste and hair care because these are the biggest offenders in most bathrooms, and we’re coming after the other personal care products as well. Did you know for instance that most shampoo contains harsh detergents that strip out the natural oils from the hair and leave it harder to manage over time and more dependent on extra products? We took a different approach, creating a nourishing hair food that gives your hair what it actually needs and doesn’t take away from its natural strength and beauty. In fact, it’s specifically designed to support your hair’s natural texture, natural color, and is safe for color-treated hair as well. Our shampoos contain herbs like nettle, which helps strengthen hair and reduce hair fall, leaving your hair and scalp healthier over time, and scented only with natural essential oils in a very delicate scent so that you don’t have to worry about the fragrance as well. Over time, your hair gets back to its stronger, healthier, shinier state without the need for parabens or silicone or SLS. You can check it out along with our whitening toothpaste and our full hair care bundles at wellnesse.com. An insider tip, grab an essentials bundle or try auto-ship and you will lock in a discount.
This podcast is sponsored by Four Sigmatic, my source for superfood mushroom products that are a big part of my daily routine. In fact, about 80% of the dirt under your feet is actually mycelium or mushrooms. And mushrooms have a wide variety of health benefits, everything from immune support, and improved sleep, and they’re also a great source of B vitamins, and vitamin D. Mushrooms are considered anti-inflammatory due to a compound called ergothioneine and are considered safe and beneficial to consume regularly. In my house, we often start the day with Four Sigmatic’s Mushroom Coffee with Lion’s Mane and Chaga. It tastes just like regular coffee without as much caffeine and no jitters. The Lion’s Mane and Chaga help with energy and focus, like I said, without the jitters, or the acidity of a lot of coffee. I sip other products of theirs throughout the day, like their Chaga or Cordyceps or Lion’s Mane Elixirs, and I often wind down at night with their Reishi Elixir or Reishi Cacao, and I notice a measurable difference in my sleep when I do that. As a listener of this podcast, you can save on all Four Sigmatic products by going to foursigmatic.com/wellnessmama and using the code “wellnessmama” to save 15%.