This episode is all about sleep. I’m here with my good friend, Mollie McGlocklin, who is the creator of Sleep is a Skill and the host of the Sleep is a Skill Podcast. Her company is one that helps people optimize sleep through a unique blend of technology, accountability, and behavioral change and this started for her after navigating really intense insomnia while traveling. Since then, she has created what she couldn’t find, which is a place to learn the skill set of sleep and to have lifelong better sleep and we get into that today.
We talk about chronobiology, circadian rhythm, practical strategies. She talks about levers you can pull with light, temperature, food, etc. to improve your sleep, what infaradian rhythm is, how this applies to women, the most important things you can do during the day to improve your sleep and much, much more. Mollie is a wealth of knowledge and I cannot wait to share her with you.
Episode Highlights With Mollie McGlocklin
- How she got into sleep research and now helps thousands of people sleep
- Understanding chronobiology
- Levers you can pull with food, light, temperature, etc to improve sleep
- How to set up good sleep hygiene during the day
- What infradian rhythm is and how it might be impacting your sleep
- The most important things you can do during the day to improve your sleep
- Understanding the glymphatic system
- Sleep tracker and preferences on new tech
Resources We Mention
- Sleep is a Skill website
- Sleep is a Skill Podcast
- Mollie McGlocklin – Instagram
- Biostrap (code wellnessmama gives 10% off)
- The Four Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss
More From Wellness Mama
- 89: Why Sleep Is More Important Than Diet and Exercise Combined with Shawn Stevenson
- 224: How to Use Sound and Music to Optimize Focus and Sleep With Brain.fm
- 190: The Easiest Way to Track HRV, Sleep, and Movement With Oura Ring
- 58: How Knowing Your Chronotype Can Improve Your Sleep
- 387: Ask Katie Anything: Protein, Supplements, Sleep, Parenting, and Shoes
- Can a Weighted Blanket Transform Your Kids’ Sleep?
- Natural Ways to Help Kids Sleep
- 6 Natural Sleep Remedies (You May Not Have Tried)
- Natural Ways to Get Better Sleep (Even If You’re a Mom!)
- How to Create a Perfect Sleep Environment
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Join the Conversation...