I seriously cannot wait to dive into this episode because we’re going deep on a topic near and dear to every mom’s heart (and sanity)… how to get better sleep!
Whether it’s due to kids, working late, electronics addiction, or you plain just can’t sleep… too many of us are skipping precious hours of shut-eye. This impacts health more than we realize.
Today I’m here with Harpreet Rai, CEO of Oura Health, the company that makes Oura Ring, the sleep and activity tracker that I have been using to track the quality of my sleep as well as fertility markers. He has some fascinating facts to share about how our bodies function during sleep, why we need it so much, and natural ways to solve sleep problems.
Episode Highlights: Oura Ring
- why shift work is considered a carcinogen
- the real problems that happen when you don’t sleep
- sneaky little habits that rob us of the quality sleep we need
- what the brain and body do while sleeping (it’s fascinating!)
- why you feel extra groggy some mornings
- what the Oura Ring can do to track heart rate variability and improve your sleep patterns
- and more!
Resources We Mention
- Oura Ring – Use this link to save $50 on any of their rings
- Why We Sleep by Matt Walker
- Ishmael by Daniel Quinn
- Chili Pad
- Blackout curtains
More From Wellness Mama
- 58: How Knowing Your Chronotype Can Improve Your Sleep
- 89: Why Sleep Is More Important Than Diet and Exercise Combined with Shawn Stevenson
- 132: How to Use Cannabidiol or CBD for Sleep, Hormones, and Health
- 9 Lessons We Can Learn From Europe (Food, Wine & Sleep)
- Natural Ways to Get Better Sleep (Even If You’re a Mom!)
- Can a Weighted Blanket Transform Your Kid’s Sleep?
- How to Create a Perfect Sleep Environment
What kind of sleep are you getting? Do you use any kind of sleep tracker like the Oura Ring? Also, please take two minutes to leave a review on iTunes. I value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well!
Many Thanks to Today’s Sponsors
This episode is brought to you by Perfect Keto. I have heard from a lot of you who are trying the keto diet right now. And Perfect Keto has several products that make it so much easier and tastier. They have keto-friendly sports drinks with zero additives, zero carbs, and only high-quality ingredients. And I’ve gotten so many questions about this. They also have exogenous ketones that raise blood ketone levels up to 1.5 millimoles per liter. So that would be simulating a fast. A lot of people use these exogenous ketones to increase mental performance, and energy production, and fat burning without the need to do extended fasting. And Perfect Keto really just helps make ketosis available to everyone, everywhere, all the time without the need to do extended fasting, like I said. You can check out these and all of their other products at perfectketo.com/wellnessmama. And if you use the code HEALTHYMOMS, all uppercase, you can save 20% on any order.
This podcast is brought to you by Thrive Market, my online go-to for pantry staples and many of my favorite foods. Thrive market now carries everything from non-perishables to sustainable and organic meat and seafood. Their Thrive Market brand line of products has everything from diapers, to canned tuna and sardines, to pantry staples like bulk ingredients, flours, baking soda, nuts, seeds, all of it at lower prices and many of the foods that they carry are difficult to find locally, at least where I live. And they are easy to source at Thrive. I always stock up on things like pickles, almond milk, spices, sprouted rice and quinoa, coconut aminos, chia seeds and many other favorite products and keep my pantry stocked. Just for being a Wellness Mama podcast listener, you can get 25% off your first purchase plus a 30-day free membership by going to thrivemarket.com/Katie.