Today on the podcast we’re going to talk about some ways to really, really drastically improve your sleep! Tara Youngblood has spent over 10,000 hours studying how and why we sleep, and how to do it better. Applying her analytical skills from her physics and engineering background, Tara’s passion is to shape the future of health by making sleep easy and drug-free.
Tara’s research has led to over a dozen patent filings and she’s now a published researcher and internationally sought-after speaker on the topic of sleep. She is also the co-founder and chief science officer behind the ChiliPad, a sleep device I’m sure you’ve heard me talk about because I absolutely love it!
Episode Highlights With Tara Youngblood of ChiliPad
- What the sleep switch is and how to impact it
- Why we’re seeing so many sleep problems
- The part of sleep we lose the ability to do as we age and how to fix it
- A surprising (effort-free) way to improve sleep
- What HRV is and why it’s important for sleep
- If EMFs affect sleep and what to do about them
- The long-term effects of sleep drugs and how to get good sleep without it
- What Chilipad and OOLER are and what they can do for sleep
Resources We Mention
- Chilipad – use coupon code wellnessmama25 for 25% off
- The Future Is Sleep video:
More From Wellness Mama
- 224: How to Use Sound and Music to Optimize Focus and Sleep With Brain.fm
- 190: The Easiest Way to Track HRV, Sleep, and Movement With Oura Ring
- 89: Why Sleep Is More Important Than Diet and Exercise Combined With Shawn Stevenson
- 58: How Knowing Your Chronotype Can Improve Your Sleep
- 6 Natural Sleep Remedies (You May Not Have Tried)
- Natural Ways to Get Better Sleep (Even If You’re a Mom!)
- Natural Ways to Help Kids Sleep
- Can a Weighted Blanket Transform Your Kids Sleep?
- How to Create a Perfect Sleep Environment
- Tart Cherry Sleep Gummies Recipe
- Sleepytime Foot Spray
- Sweet Dreams Sleep Tincture Recipe
Do you struggle to get good sleep? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thank You to Today’s Sponsors
This episode is brought to you by Ritual Vitamins, which are specifically designed just for women. Ritual contains nine essential nutrients that most women don’t get enough of from just from food: vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin), folate, vegan D3, vitamin K2, vitamin E, omega-3 fatty acids, boron, chelated iron and a proprietary form of magnesium. Ritual supplies them in forms that are easily absorbed and utilized, and all the capsules are vegan, gluten-free, allergen free and non-GMO. They have both a prenatal and a regular women multivitamin both designed specifically for women and synergistic for women hormones. Did you know that 40% of women can’t properly use folic acid due to an MTHFR gene variation? Ritual contains a natural form of folate and synergistic nutrients so the entire multi is more effective. In pregnancy especially, folate is vital… According to OBGYN Dr. Jason Rothbart, “most women don’t find out they are pregnant until around 4-7 weeks pregnant, which is past the first 28 days. In the first 28 days, the organs are rapidly forming. The neural tube (which becomes the central nervous system and vertebral column) is almost completely formed and closed by the end of 28 days.” The essential nutrient folate helps promote healthy development neural tube. This is why many doctors recommend taking a quality prenatal for several months before trying to get pregnant. Ritual makes it easy with both a prenatal and regular women multivitamin. Learn more about both at wellnessmama.com/go/ritual.
This podcast is brought to you by Magic Spoon Cereal. I know, I know, never thought you’d hear me recommend cereal, did you? That’s because almost every cereal out there is full of refined sugars and grains and often GMO ingredients and dyes. Yet, Americans certainly love it! In fact, the average American consumes 100+ bowls a year, and that number accounts for people like me who don’t consume any at all! Now, cereal lovers can rejoice that there is a high protein, low carb, grain-free, gluten-free, nothing artificial, childlike cereal for grown ups. With 12 grams of protein per bowl and only 3 grams of carbs it tastes like the cereal you remember but without the sugar high or the guilt! Check out magicspoon.com/wellnessmama for all the details.