Would you like your kids to sleep better? Or maybe get through a task you’ve been dreading in half the time? Maybe even clear your mind long enough to meditate or pray?
If you answered yes to any (or all) of these questions, this episode is for you!
Today we are talking all about how we can improve the brain simply by changing the music we listen to. Today’s guest Daniel Clark is the CEO of a company called Brain.fm, which has developed AI-guided music designed to help you achieve the state of mind you want, faster.
I knew I wanted to have Daniel on the podcast when I heard that Brain.fm tests their music and its effects on the body with MRI and EEG data as well as large-scale testing. Most impressively, the National Science Foundation selected Brain.fm for grant to study whether music therapy can be a viable treatment option for ADHD and ADD conditions.
Let’s hear what he has to say!
Episode Highlights With Daniel & Brain.fm
- How sound and music can be used to change the brain
- What neural phase lockdown is and how it benefits the brain
- The evolutionary reasons our brain is programmed to continuously listen and respond
- A way to drastically increase focus and sleep
- The reason people sleep better during rainstorms
- The difference between “white noise” and Brain.fm
- How to use Brain.fm for the best benefits
- Why Brain.fm hopes to be an FDA-approved treatment for ADD and ADHD in the future
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Brain.fm Use code wellnessmama for 20% off any subscription type
Books Recommended by Daniel
- Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable
- The Slight Edge: Turning Simple Disciplines Into Massive Success and Happiness
- Stealing Fire: How Silicon Valley, the Navy SEALs, and Maverick Scientists Are Revolutionizing the Way We Live and Work
- The Rise of Superman: Decoding the Science of Ultimate Human Performance
More From Wellness Mama
- 26: Fasting for Women & Music Therapy
- 110: How Vibrational Frequencies Affect Our Daily Lives
- 157: How Music Like Wholetones Can Change the Brain and the Body
- 162: Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics & How to Be 10% Happier
- Natural Ways to Get Better Sleep (Even If You’re a Mom!)
Did you enjoy this episode? What other questions do you have about music and the brain? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thank You to Today’s Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Ready. Set. Food!, a new company revolutionizing food allergy prevention in children. We all know that this problem is on the rise, and most of us know someone who has a child with food allergies, or have had this experience ourselves. There are many theories for this and certainly many problems that need to be addressed like gut health and immune support. Ready. Set. Food! is taking the cutting edge research and science and using it in a practical way to help babies and children avoid food allergies in the first place. The most up to date studies are showing that carefully calculated early exposure in the right amounts can stop many cases of food allergies! Ready. Set. Food! makes this easy with a simple system that can be added to breastmilk, formula or baby’s first foods to give incremental and calculated exposure to the top allergens like peanuts, egg and milk. When used as directed, this can reduce the chance of allergies by up to 80% and it is recommended and overseen by many of the nations top pediatricians. Learn more about this evidence based approach at readysetfood.com/wellnessmama
This episode is sponsored by Four Sigmatic, a company whose delicious drink mixes I use daily in some form. I’ve been fascinated lately by the benefits of medicinal mushrooms like Chaga, which has more antioxidants gram for gram than anything else on the planet, Cordycepts which is great for the immune system, Reishi which helps promote restful sleep, and Lion’s Mane which is thought to promote focus and brain health. Four Sigmatic takes these superfood mushrooms and blends them with coffee for a brain boosting jitter free morning drink. They also have a line of delicious elixirs that are caffeine free and great for any time of the day. I almost always end my day with a warm cup of their Reishi, which makes a noticeable difference in my sleep quality and I often begin the morning with a cup of the coffee with Lion’s Mane. My kids love their superfood hot cocoa and I love that the Reishi helps promote calm and sleep! You can check out all four stigmatic products at foursigmatic.com/wellnessmama and save 15% with the code wellnessmama.