I’m so glad I get to sit down today with Colleen Wachob, the co-founder and co-CEO of MindBodyGreen, one of my all-time favorite health resources. Colleen graduated from Stanford University with degrees in international relations and Spanish and spent 10 years working at Fortune 500 companies like Gap, Walmart, and Amazon.
We touch on a lot of topics in this episode, especially mental health for moms during a pandemic. We explore creative ways to form micro-communities and keep in touch with people even in these unusual times.
Take a listen and let us know your thoughts!
Episode Highlights With Colleen Wachob
- Mental health aspects of anxiety and depression
- How the pandemic may lead to an increase in health personalization
- How to navigate mental health and self-care in this unusual time
- What a micro-community is and ways to form them (even in relative isolation)
- A reason to use hand soap instead of hand sanitizer whenever possible
- Ways to support the immune system and skin microbiome
- Sleep tips for getting better sleep even when anxiety is on the rise
- The importance of breathing for health and relaxation
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Dry Farm Wines
- Hand Sanitizerd
- Just Thrive Probiotics
- The Blue Zones: Lessons for Living Longer by Dan Buettner
- The Daily Stoic by Ryan Holiday
More From Wellness Mama
- 324: Increasing Immunity Naturally & Skincare From the Inside Out With Four Sigmatic
- 214: Using Mindset and Personalization to Make Lifelong Health Changes With Dane Johnson
- How to Choose an Organic Mattress (+ My Top Mattress Reviews)
- 6 Natural Sleep Remedies (You May Not Have Tried)
- Top 10 Signs & Symptoms of Magnesium Deficiency
- My Common-Sense Guide to Viruses and Pandemics (for Moms)
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Four Sigmatic. You’ve heard me talk about them a lot and it’s because I love them so much. Their products are a regular part of my life and I can’t remember the last time I didn’t use at least one of their products. My hands down favorite is their coffee with Lions Mane and there are two ways I drink it… they make convenient packets that are great for adding to hot water for coffee on the go, and they make ground coffee with Lion’s Mane that is great for brewing just like you would any other coffee. Neither of these tastes like mushrooms… they taste just like coffee but provide the added boost from Lion’s Mane, which gives me clean energy and focus all day without the jitters or acidity of some other coffee products. I also love the coffee packets for the popular dalgona coffee that’s making the rounds on social media right now and I make it with Coffee with Lion’s Mane packets and coconut sugar for a delicious iced coffee treat. Check out this and all of their products at foursigmatic.com/wellnessmama and code wellnessmama gives 15% off.
This podcast is brought to you by Wellnesse, my new personal care company that is based on the recipes I’ve been making at home in my kitchen for decades. Many “clean” products simply don’t work and this is why I have spent the last decade researching and perfecting recipes for products that not only eliminate toxic chemicals but contain ingredients that work better than their conventional alternatives and that nourish your body from the outside in. I’m so excited to finally share these products with you and wanted to tell you about our brand new dry shampoo! It can be used various ways. You can sprinkle it in clean hair to add volume and to extend time between washes, sprinkle it in hair that has not been washed in a day or two to absorb oil or sweat and you can work in to color treated hair to maintain color-treated hair by not having to wash as often. It contains oil-absorbing kaolin clay and volume-boosting tapioca which work together to refresh hair at the roots. Lavender oil and cactus flower help to balance scalp and strands’ natural pH. We even added hibiscus for healthy hair growth. You can check it out and try it at wellnesse.com and my tip is to grab a bundle to save or subscribe and save as well!