This episode is all about the gut, and specifically your “Body Ecology.” I’m here with Donna Gates, who is an international best selling author of a book called “The Body Ecology Diet.” I can’t believe I haven’t had her on the podcast before. She has been in this health world for 25 years, and she’s been on a mission to change the way the world eats and really delves into a lot of areas of health that relate to the gut.
In this episode, we go deep on different topics, including her own health struggles that led her into this field, what The Body Ecology Diet is, how yeast is often an underlying issue in many health problems, and how this led to crossover research that ended up helping many families with autism as well. She also talks about the surprising way she uses enemas, a few practical tips for helping avoid colic and sleep problems in babies, and what to know about fermented foods and oxalates. And a lot of other directions from there!
Episode Highlights With Donna Gates
- How her own health struggles led her into the field of digestive health
- What the body ecology diet is and how she created it
- How yeast can be an underlying issue in many health problems
- Why she ended up helping many families with autism as well
- The surprising way she used enemas
- A few practical tips for helping avoid colic and sleep problems in babies
- Can people with histamine issues handle fermented foods? She says yes and explains why
- What oxalates are and why they matter
- How fermenting breaks down oxalates
- A reason to consider not having coffee with a meal (suppresses DAO enzyme)
Resources We Mention
- Body Ecology Website
- The Body Ecology Diet: Recovering Your Health and Rebuilding Your Immunity by Donna Gates
- The Body Ecology Guide To Growing Younger: Anti-Aging Wisdom for Every Generation by Donna Gates
- The Baby Boomer Diet: Body Ecology’s Guide to Growing Younger: Anti-Aging Wisdom for Every Generation by Donna Gates
- Body Ecology Living Cookbook: Deliciously Healing Foods for a Happier, Healthier World by Donna Gates
More From Wellness Mama
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.