This chicken apple stir fry is easy to make and has a burst of flavor from the chicken, apples, and fennel bulb. It’s a great easy meal idea and delicious for breakfast as well. Apple and fennel are the perfect mix of sweet and savory with a depth of flavor.
If you’re looking for a fast and inexpensive dinner idea, I suggest this!
Chicken Apple Stir-Fry
Yield 4 -6
This savory and sweet chicken apple stir fry is fast to make on busy nights and a kids-approved favorite.
There are two ways to make this recipe; oven or stove top.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- If chicken is raw, heat the butter/coconut oil in large skillet or wok until melted and cook chicken on medium/high heat until cooked through. (If chicken is pre-cooked, cook the vegetables first then add chicken)
- While cooking, cut the apples and onion into bite sized pieces and thinly slice the fennel bulb into thin slivers.
- Add all to skillet or wok, add spices, and continue sautéing until all are cooked through and fragrant. This will take approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Add chicken if using pre-cooked chicken and enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a large baking sheet with butter/coconut oil.
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and place on baking sheet.
- Cut onions and apples into bite sized pieces and sprinkle on top of chicken.
- Thinly slice the fennel bulb and sprinkle on top of onion/apple mix.
- Sprinkle with spices and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, flipping over halfway through, until chicken is completely cooked through.
Wrap this one in flatbread for hearty, filling breakfast.
Serving Size 1½ cups
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 8.3 g
Saturated Fat 4.3 g
Cholesterol 70 mg
Sodium 700 mg
Total Carbohydrates 23.1 g
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 22.2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Ever cooked with fennel? What do you use it for? Tell me below!