This chicken apple stir fry is easy to make and has a burst of flavor from the chicken, apples, and fennel bulb. It’s a great easy meal idea and delicious for breakfast as well. Apple and fennel are the perfect mix of sweet and savory with a depth of flavor.
If you’re looking for a fast and inexpensive dinner idea, I suggest this!
Chicken Apple Stir-Fry
- There are two ways to make this recipe; oven or stove top.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- If chicken is raw, heat the butter/coconut oil in large skillet or wok until melted and cook chicken on medium/high heat until cooked through. (If chicken is pre-cooked, cook the vegetables first then add chicken)
- While cooking, cut the apples and onion into bite sized pieces and thinly slice the fennel bulb into thin slivers.
- Add all to skillet or wok, add spices, and continue sautéing until all are cooked through and fragrant. This will take approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Add chicken if using pre-cooked chicken and enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a large baking sheet with butter/coconut oil.
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and place on baking sheet.
- Cut onions and apples into bite sized pieces and sprinkle on top of chicken.
- Thinly slice the fennel bulb and sprinkle on top of onion/apple mix.
- Sprinkle with spices and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, flipping over halfway through, until chicken is completely cooked through.
Ever cooked with fennel? What do you use it for? Tell me below!