These sweet potato fries are a kid-approved substitute for regular fries or potato products and they are packed with nutrition. A kid favorite at our house, the kids often help slice these or cut them in to crinkle cut chips before baking.
They are easy and fast to make and go with a lot of different meals. Sweet potatoes are considered more nutrient rich than regular potatoes and the sweetness of the sweet potatoes pairs perfectly with seal salt and pepper for a sweet and salty treat.
Not in the mood for sweet potato fries? These stuffed sweet potatoes and this sweet potato soup are two other sweet potato favorites at our house and this sweet potato shrimp carbonara is a date night favorite for my husband and me (It uses sweet potato “noodles” for extra flavor and nutrition).
Check out my full recipe gallery for simple dinner ideas that are grain free, dairy optional, and always delicious. 🙂
Savory Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
Yield 4 +
Savory sweet potato fries baked with coconut oil, salt, garlic, basil, and other spices.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix olive oil and spices together in a small bowl.
- Slice sweet potatoes into desired size and put on large baking sheet (or two if you are making a lot).
- Pour the oil/seasoning mixture over the fries and toss by hand until evenly coated.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or more until slightly browned and tender.
- Serve with homemade ketchup or mayo (It is a French thing!).
Play with the spices to suit your tastes - Cajun, lemon pepper, cinnamon and spice?
Serving Size 3/4 cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 8.5 g
Saturated Fat 1.2 g
Sodium 394 mg
Total Carbohydrates 20.9 g
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 1.2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.