These sweet potato fries are a kid-approved substitute for regular french fries or conventional potato products and are packed with nutrition. A kid favorite at our house, the kids often help slice these or cut them in to crinkle cut chips before baking.
They are fast and easy to make and go with a lot of different meals. Sweet potatoes are considered more nutrient rich than regular potatoes and the sweetness of the sweet potatoes pairs perfectly with sea salt and pepper for a sweet and salty treat.
I serve these with homemade ketchup, mayo, or a french onion dipping sauce, but the possibilities are endless because they’re that good!
Not in the mood for sweet potato fries? These stuffed sweet potatoes and this sweet potato soup are two other sweet potato favorites at our house and this sweet potato shrimp carbonara is a date night favorite for my husband and me (It uses sweet potato “noodles” for extra flavor and nutrition).
Homemade Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
While I think you’ll love these fries, if you’re looking for additional recipes, check out my full recipe gallery for simple dinner ideas that are grain free, dairy optional, and always delicious. 🙂
Healthy Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix olive oil and spices together in a small bowl.
- Slice sweet potatoes into desired size and put on large baking sheet (or two if you are making a lot).
- Pour the oil/seasoning mixture over the fries and toss by hand until evenly coated.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or more until slightly browned and tender.
- Serve with homemade ketchup or mayo (It is a French thing!).