Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
A few weeks ago I published a recipe for gochujang; a Korean red chili paste. This week I’m sharing a recipe for gochujang mayo, which uses that paste.
What Is Gochujang Mayo and Why Would I Want to Make It?
Gochujang mayo is a condiment that’s super easy to make and packed full of flavor. Regular mayonnaise is a classic that’s been around for hundreds of years. It’s been used in about a bazillion different ways over the years. One of my favorite uses for it is to spice it up with other flavors.
I’ve made harissa, sriracha, and chipotle mayo for a variety of different dishes. This gochujang mayo is delicious and might be my new favorite. Like the gochujang paste that it’s made from, it’s a little bit sweet and has a nice little kick of heat.
If I have gochujang already made in the fridge, I can make gochujang mayo in less than 5 minutes. I just whisk together regular mayonnaise with a couple of tablespoons of gochujang and a squeeze of lime juice.
Ways to Use Gochujang Mayo
Gochujang mayo is not my own invention. I’ve seen it used as a burger topping, dipping sauce, sushi ingredient, and salad dressing. Here are some of my recommendations:
- Bacon-Wrapped Salmon Patties dipping sauce
Chicken Fingers dipping sauce
- Drizzled over a rice bowl like this Chipotle Style Burrito Bowl — you could make it with more Asian themed ingredients like this one or the one pictured
- Fish Sticks dipping sauce
- Fish Tacos sauce or as a dressing for Fish Taco Salad
- Onion Rings dipping sauce
- Parsnip Fries dipping sauce
- Sushi addition
- Sweet Potato Fries dipping sauce
I really can’t tell you how excited I am about gochujang and all the different ways to use it. Hopefully, this mayo recipe will inspire you to give making the paste a try. More Korean recipes coming soon!
Gochujang Mayo Recipe
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 TBSP gochujang
- 2 tsp lime juice
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients.
- Serve as a dressing or dipping sauce and enjoy!
Have you ever had gochujang mayo? What do you like it with?
Discussion (2 Comments)
Hi Katie, I can’t find your gochujang recipe?
Hi Natalia. I know and I’m sorry! There was a scheduling mixup and the gochujang mayo post was published before the paste post. The paste recipe should be out by mid-May so keep an eye out for it!