Happy holidays to you and your family! I hope you’re having a wonderful week.
Today I’m coming to you solo to share a super exciting, big announcement about a project I have been working on for over a decade and can finally share with you! I recently co-founded a new company called Wellnesse, and we’ve created a line of personal care products based on the recipes I’ve been making and perfecting in my kitchen for a decade.
Most importantly, I want to take this opportunity to say how grateful I truly am that you spend your time with me as part of the Wellness Mama community. Many of you have been listening or reading since I started this journey, and I’m so honored.
From my family to yours, Merry Christmas and our warmest wishes for the New Year!
Episode Highlights: Wellnesse & the Best of 2019
- Why what you put on your body is as important as what you eat
- What I learned about the personal care product industry: what’s in our products & whether the FDA can really protect you
- Why I choose toothpaste as one of the first Wellnesse products (and why it doesn’t contain fluoride)
- The ingredients we chose for our toothpaste, shampoo, and conditioner… and what is coming next!
- Earth-safe packing options and why this is so important
- Why 2019 was a bit of a rollercoaster for me, and how it ended up
- A look back at Finland and what I learned from my icy plunge!
- My surprise 50-lb weight loss and what I attribute it to (hint: it’s not diet or exercise!)
- The personal motto that carried me through this year
- And more!
Resources We Mention
Favorite Podcasts of 2019
- 290: Braving Dark Night of the Soul and Learning to Own Yourself With Kelly Brogan
- 294: Using Targeted Nutrition to Alleviate Hormone Related Issues With Dr. Chris Masterjohn
- 289: Stoic Wisdom for Modern Life and Parenting With Ryan Holiday
- 267: Solving Joint Pain & Why Sports Aren’t Good for Kids With Hunter Fitness
- 245: Ari Whitten on Fighting Fatigue and Anxiety With Sauna, Hormesis, NRF2 & Sun Exposure
- 227: Using the Metabolism Reset Diet to Support Liver Health With Dr. Alan Christianson
- 226: Science-Backed Reasons to Ditch the Pill (& What to Do Instead) With Dr. Jolene Brighten
Best Books I’ve Read in 2019
- Anything by Ryan Holiday (The Daily Stoic)
- The Four Agreements
- The Art of Learning
- The Untethered Soul
- The Align Method: 5 Movement Principles for a Stronger Body, Sharper Mind, and Stress-Proof Life
What do you think of my big announcement? What are you most excited to try? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Radiant Life Catalog. Radiant Life is a woman-owned, family-run online health and wellness company specializing in food-based supplements, nutrient dense foods, eco-friendly housewares and water filtration and purification. After spending over 20 years in the health industry, Radiant Life realized that one of the overlooked components of wellbeing is access to clean, healthy and hydrating water. Now , they have a range of filters that fix this for every type of house and budget from counter top to under counter and even whole house like the one we have. Their systems are crafted with a health and wellness focus. They improve the taste and smell of water but, more importantly, they remove a wide range of potentially harmful contaminants. They also have and in-house water expert is available all the time to guide you through the system selection process and answer all of your questions via phone or email. Their systems are also designed and built in the USA and really high quality. Go to radiantlife.com/wellnessmama and get $200 off a Whole House or 14-Stage Water System with the code WMPODCAST.
This episode is brought to you by Four Sigmatic, my source for superfood coffees, teas and elixirs that contain powerhouse mushrooms for better performance, sleep and health. I’ve been asked several times what the name means and it’s a cool story. Basically, if you put all the foods in the world on a scale from bad to good, many would fall in the middle as average. The farther you get away from the average, the more rare it is, and the more “sigmas” it has. Only 50 superfoods in the world qualify as four sigmatic away from the average. These are the best of the best, the highest quality, and the products Four Sigmatic uses in their products. My favorites are the coffee with lions mane in the morning, reishi elixer or reishi cocoa at night to wind down, and any of their other products in between. My kids love their chai and superfood hot cocoa but I’d recommend all of their products. save 15% on any order with the code wellnessmama at foursigmatic.com/wellnessmama