I’ll never forget talking to a friend after she suffered a miscarriage. It was her third.
She and her husband struggled to get pregnant for years and suffered through hormone treatments, surgeries and much more.
They finally conceived and then lost their little one. Then another, and another.
She was at her breaking point. Her marriage was at a breaking point and she felt like her body was betraying her.
Her struggle was part of what led to my focus on reproductive nutrition. It didn’t make sense to me that women’s bodies should need hormones and artificial treatments to conceive.
Fertility is a sign of health, and as I discovered, infertility is usually a sign of a deeper problem that needs to be addressed. Often, artificial hormones can make things worse. Thankfully, my friend did go on to have a beautiful baby (and two more after that), but I was forever affected by her pain while she was struggling with infertility.
Today’s guest, Alisa Vitti, has been through the same struggle of hormone trouble and infertility and she also found natural solutions and managed to conceive naturally (she is set to welcome her little on in the next month!).
I was so excited to talk to Alisa because she has helped thousands of women restore hormone balance and beat infertility by teaching them how to naturally support their own bodies. In this podcast, Alisa and I talk in depth about:
- The causes of infertility and how to overcome it
- PCOS and natural remedies that can help
- PMS and menstrual related problems
- Many other aspects of hormone health
Alisa has also written a book, The Woman Code, about achieving hormone balance naturally, and she blogs at FLOliving.com about all things hormones. She is offering three great hormone related freebies for Wellness Mama listeners and you can get them here.
More From Wellness Mama
- 474: Aimee Raupp on The Egg Quality Diet for Fertility & Healthy Pregnancy
- 50: Fertility Preparation and Optimizating Pregnancy (Christa Orecchio)
- 108: Why the Birth Control Pill Screws Up Hormones and What to Use Instead (Nicole Jardim)
- How Thyroid Disease Affects Pregnancy & Fertility
- Natural Alternatives to Hormonal Contraception
Thanks as always for listening to the Wellness Mama Podcast. If you’re enjoying these interviews, please subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher and leave a (5 Star!) rating and review if you haven’t already!