I’m here with Aimee Raupp, a women’s health and fertility expert who has written multiple books on this topic, including her most recent, The Egg Quality Diet. And it’s not the kind of eggs you might be thinking! She presents a clinically proven, 100-day diet to balance hormones, reduce inflammation, and optimize your ability to get and stay pregnant.
We go deep on what research shows about inflammatory conditions and fertility, why fertility is an indication that the body is thriving, and what to do when fertility isn’t there. We also talk about what the studies and statistics say about our ability to increase fertility naturally and whether it’s possible to optimally prepare an egg for conception. We go deep on a lot of topics in this one, and if fertility is top of mind for you, this is one not to miss.
Episode Highlights With Aimee Raupp
- What the research shows about inflammatory conditions and infertility
- Why fertility is an indication that the body is thriving and what we can learn when fertility isn’t optimal
- The core ideas of a diet that supports fertility and overall health
- What the data says about protein, fat, and carb requirements for fertility and pregnancy
- Drastic statistics about increased fertility when a woman gets enough protein and fat
- How long it takes to optimally prepare an egg for conception (100 days)
- The trauma and emotional connection to fertility and healing
- How the average woman is exposed to 500 chemicals before she even leaves her house in the morning
- The important supplements for fertility
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Aimee Raupp
- The Egg Quality Diet by Aimee Raupp
- Yes, You Can Get Pregnant by Aimee Raupp
- Body Belief: How to Heal Autoimmune Diseases, Radically Shift Your Health, and Learn to Love Your Body More by Aimee Raupp
- Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food by Catherine Shanahan
- It Didn’t Start With You by Mark Wolynn
- Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra
More From Wellness Mama
- 126: Dr. Marc Sklar on How to Beat Infertility and Get Pregnant Naturally
- 50: Fertility Preparation and Optimizing Pregnancy
- 17: Reversing Infertility & PCOS Naturally
- Supplements for Pregnancy & Nursing: What I Take
- How Thyroid Disease Affects Pregnancy and Fertility
- How to Reverse Infertility & Get Pregnant Naturally
Was this episode helpful? What is your experience? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Just Thrive, a company near and dear to my heart (and my gut). Gut health really is connected to everything, and in today’s world, we encounter a lot of things that try to mess with our gut bacteria, from food to stress and even environmental toxins. The gut has been called the second brain and we learn more each day about its vital role in all aspects of health. Just Thrive probiotic is the first one I’ve seen and felt a noticeable difference from almost immediately, with their patented Bacillus Indicus HU36 strain that helps turn your gut into an antioxidant factory. Since focusing on my gut and making these a regular part of my life, I’ve seen digestive and skin changes. Just Thrive probiotic is vegan, dairy free, histamine free, non-GMO, and is made without soy, sugar, salt, corn, nuts or gluten, so it’s safe for practically everyone… I even sprinkle it in my kids’ food and bake it into products since it can survive at up to 450 degrees! I actually love all of their products and have been especially enjoying their prebiotic drink, which is absolutely delicious too! Check them out at justthrivehealth.com/wellnessmama and use the code wellnessmama15 to save 15% at checkout.
This podcast is sponsored by Wellnesse, my natural and good for you personal care line. That’s Wellness with an “e” on the end. When I realized years ago that there weren’t any great natural personal care products that worked as well as many of the conventional options, I set out to create ones that weren’t just comparable, but better! We created haircare that nourishes and protects your hair, rather than stripping it with harsh detergents like many others. Our toothpaste works with your mouth, not against it, to develop healthy teeth and gums, and our dry shampoo is my go-to on busy days and after workouts. All products are based on the idea of working with your body and not against it, with nourishing ingredients rather than harsh detergents or chemicals. Try it and feel the difference for yourself at Wellnesse.com.