I’m sharing the mic today with one of the leading experts on fertility in the natural health world, Dr. Marc Sklar. Unfortunately, infertility is becoming a huge issue for so many and I get an increasing number of questions on this topic every year.
If you struggle with infertility or suspect a hormone imbalance is undermining your health, don’t miss this episode!
Dr. Marc Sklar, The Fertility Expert
Dr. Marc Sklar has earned the title of “The Fertility Expert,” and rightfully so. He’s helped hundreds of couples overcome infertility and conceive naturally over the last 15 years. He is a Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and certified in Mind/Body Medicine by Harvard Medical School.
His practice is based in San Diego but Dr. Marc has amazing online resources to work with couples all over the world. Learn more about his Fertility 1-on-1 Program, 7-Day Fertility Challenge, and other programs in the Resources section below!
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- what led him to become a fertility and natural medicine expert
- the surprising reason infertility has become such a big issue in today’s world
- how the mind affects the body, especially in regard to fertility and reproduction
- the testing Dr. Marc always runs when someone comes to him for help
- how much men impact the fertility equation, and what testing they should consider
- what Dr. Marc thinks many couples considering IVF aren’t being told
- problems with hormonal birth control (and what to do instead)
- what post-birth control syndrome is and how it can affect fertility and hormones
- why PCOS is on the rise (and the atypical forms with a surprising cause)
- how toxins in our environment are affecting the quality of our eggs … and what we can do about it
- what guys can do to improve fertility
Resources We Mention
Follow Marc Sklar at MarcSklar.com
Work with Dr. Marc Sklar
- Marc Sklar YouTube Channel
- The Secret to Conception by Marc Sklar and Sage Breslin
- The Secret to Conception (Workbook)
- OvaCue Mobile fertility monitor (I use it along with the Fertile Focus microscope for greatest accuracy)
- ClearBlue monitor
- Ovulation sticks
- iBasal thermometer
- Kindara fertility app
- Goji berries
- Sprouted pumpkin seeds
- Protein powder
Related Episodes and Articles
- 17: Reversing Infertility and PCOS Naturally (Alisa Vitti)
- 50: Fertility Preparation and Optimizating Pregnancy (Christa Orecchio)
- 108: Why the Birth Control Pill Screws Up Hormones and What to Use Instead (Nicole Jardim)
- How Thyroid Disease Affects Pregnancy & Fertility
- Natural Alternatives to Hormonal Contraception
Do you or a loved one struggle with infertility? What would you ask Dr. Marc? Leave a comment or review and let me know what you thought!
Special Thanks to Today’s Sponsors
This episode is sponsored by Four Sigmatic. If you’re a coffee love like me Four Sigmatic is a must! Their coffees, teas, and hot chocolates are delicious combinations of coffee, cocoa, and adaptogen herbs, now with the benefits of Chaga, Cordyceps, and Lion’s Mane mushrooms for an extra brain boost and clean energy. (Yep, mushrooms!) All their blends taste amazing and they have caffeine-free one too. Try out all of these delicious drinks at FourSigmatic.com/wellnessmama and make sure to use the code WELLNESS MAMA to get 15% off of your order.
This podcast is also brought to you by ButcherBox. It’s pretty tough to find quality meat these days, so we use ButcherBox to make it easier. If you haven’t heard of them, they’re a great company that carries 100% grass fed beef, organic pastured chicken, and heritage breed pork and they deliver it directly to your door. All of their products are humanly raised and free of antibiotics and hormones. And as a Wellness Mama listener, you can get $15 off plus free bacon in your first box! To get this deal go to ButcherBox.com/wellnessmama and use the promo code HEALTHYMOMS (in all capital letters).