Dr. Ana-Maria Temple is a functional medicine doctor, a best-selling author, and an award-winning speaker at the Harvard Club of Boston. Her specific expertise is eczema, a condition that plagues many of us and our kids. We go really deep on how this problem can start even before birth or during the birth process and what’s going on physiologically in the body when someone has eczema.
If your child is struggling with eczema, I highly encourage you to listen because Dr. Ana-Maria shares some helpful insights of what eczema is and what is at the root cause. I know how horrible it is to see your child suffer, so please take advantage of her resources.
Episode Highlights With Dr. Ana-Maria Temple
- The real triggers of eczema and how to get rid of it for good
- Most common food triggers of eczema
- The birth connection to gut bacteria
- A special bacteria that babies had in their guts before the 1960s that they don’t have now
- What research shows on the correlation between doses of Tylenol and risk of eczema
- The reason fever can be good and important for kids, and why getting rid of it can be problematic
- A surprising risk of reflux medication in children
- An important reason not to bring down a fever (and what to do instead)
- How histamine comes into play with eczema and what to do about it
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Eczema Transformation Course Use Code wellness100 for a discount
- 68: The Miracle of Microbirth: What Every Mother Should Know
- 389: Addressing the Root Cause of Eczema, Allergies and Asthma With Dr. Nelli Gluzman
- 378: Q&A: Health on a Budget, Virtual Schooling, Screen Time, Self Care, Eczema & Giving Blood
- 7 Natural Remedies for Eczema
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This episode is sponsored by Four Sigmatic, the superfood mushroom company that I have been talking about and loving for many years! I love all of their products, especially their coffee infused with brain-boosting lion’s mane and their reishi elixir at night for awesome sleep. I’ve also recently been trying their protein powder and really love their peanut butter flavor. Peanut Butter is one of my weaknesses, and I love that I get all the flavor of it in this protein packed format. Go to foursigmatic.com/wellnessmama and code wellnessmama gives 10% off.
This episode is brought to you by Wellnesse. We make personal care products that go above and beyond just non-toxic to actually be beneficial for you from the outside in. I realized years ago that even some of my most naturally minded friends and family members who made an effort to eat organic food and be really cognizant of what they brought into their homes were still using certain personal care products, mainly hair care and oral care. And the reason was, they weren’t willing to sacrifice how they looked and felt just to use natural products. And none of the natural products they were finding really lived up to the conventional products as far as how effective they were. So, I resolved to change this and realized I had things that I’ve been making in my kitchen for years that worked just as well and that I could share with other families, and thus Wellnesse was born. You’ve probably heard that what goes on our body gets into our body and that many of the chemicals we encounter end up in our bloodstream. To me, this means non-toxic and safe should be the absolute bare minimum baseline for any products that are in our lives. But I wanted to take it a step further. I wanted it to use this to our advantage to actually put beneficial ingredients in our hair care, toothpaste, personal care products so that we could benefit our body from the outside in. Why not use that wonderful skin barrier to our advantage? Our hair care is packed with ingredients like nettle, which helps hair get thicker over time. Our dry shampoo has scalp promoting products that really help follicles stay strong. And our toothpaste, for instance, has a naturally occurring mineral called hydroxyapatite, which is the exact formulation or exact mineral that’s on our teeth that’s present in strong enamel. So they’re all designed to work with the body, not against it to help you have stronger, healthier hair and teeth. We now have a hand sanitizer that doesn’t dry out your hands like many hand sanitizers do. I would be honored if you would check it out and I would love to hear your feedback. You can find all of our products at wellnesse.com.