Today I’m talking with Ashley Neese, a renowned breathwork teacher and author of How to Breathe and Permission to Rest. She’s spent over a decade working with embodiment, transformation, and renewal at a practical level. I’m excited to share this episode with you since you’ll find a lot of correlations between my personal journey and some important tips that are very much needed for women and moms.
A common thread in our conversation is understanding the importance of rest and what that actually means. Many of us get that confused with sleep, but they’re actually two very different and very important things. Plus many of us just aren’t getting enough rest. We talk about simple ways to learn how to rest and reconnect with our body, how nature helps this process, what the stress response cycle is, and so much more.
I’ve had a lot of you reach out to me after I shared my story of healing from trauma to ask exactly what I did. While there are so many individualized components, I feel like this episode is a great resource for how to get started with doing the inner work. Ashley gives plenty of tools to help us with the emotional, spiritual, and mental side and how that all relates to our physical health.
So without further ado, let’s join Ashley!
Episode Highlights With Ashley
- Her experience as an amateur beekeeper and how she got into it
- How being around bees can help with parasympathetic
- Understanding the importance of rest and the actual definition
- How rest can help us do hard things and improve other areas of life
- Recovering from her trauma as part of her healing journey
- Simple practices to learn rest and connect to the body
- How nature helps with rest and the stress response cycle
- Ways to break the stress response cycle and downshift into rest
- What a body budget is and how that can help us rest
Resources We Mention
- Permission to Rest: Revolutionary Practices for Healing, Empowerment, and Collective Care by Ashley Neese
- Ashley Neese – Substack
- Eidon Minerals
- Upgraded Formulas
- The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael A. Singer
More From Wellness Mama
- 693: Rewire Your Gut Brain Connection: How to Heal Your Body with Your Mind With Lauryn Lax
- 675: Energetic Time Management, Self-Trust, and Alignment With Heather Chauvin
- 347: The Neuroscience of Calm During Stressful Times With Dr. David Rabin
- 558: Dr. Jay Wiles on Simple & Effective Ways to Control Stress Response and Improve HRV