Today’s episode is all about answering your pressing questions, sharing where I’m going with Wellness Mama, and reflecting on where I’ve been. My life has been a little chaotic in some ways for the past several years, but I feel like I’ve come out of a cocooning and I’m ready to re-enter the world as a different person. And even though I share an obituary of my past online persona, Wellness Mama isn’t going anywhere!
I open up more about the unique process of my divorce and how it’s changed me and some important life lessons I’ve learned from it. I also share how we chose to handle this with our kids in a way that helped minimize trauma.
One of the biggest shifts I’ve had in my personal life is the realization that wellness is more than just the physical side of things. It’s also about the emotional, mental, and spiritual and I’ve really found freedom in embracing that lately. I’ve shared more about this some at Wellness Mama, but I’m excited to share more of this broader direction with you.
So here’s to changes and new beginnings! And as always, I appreciate you giving me your time and attention as I share my thoughts with you.
Episode Highlights With Katie
- Sharing some life lessons, new directions, new shifts, and letting go
- Where we’ve come from – the journey to more integrated health
- How nothing shifted substantially for my health until I also addressed the inner mental/emotional side and worked on letting go
- How I’ve changed over the past 100 episodes
- What some of my biggest adjustments in life have been
- How I’ve navigated divorce and the vow I made as I moved through that
- Ways that we helped our kids with big life changes and how we held safe space for them to process their emotions
- What I call a “caterpillar death” of Wellness Mama and the obituary I wrote to put the old vs new into perspective
- An authentic introduction to myself and what I’d like to share with all of you
Resources We Mention
- Book: Conscious Uncoupling: 5 Steps to Living Happily Even After by Katherine Woodward Thomas
- Upgraded Formula
More From Wellness Mama
- 309: How I Overcame Trauma (and Lost 50 Pounds)
- 647: How to Get the Best Sleep Ever (From Someone Who Spent $45K on Sleep) With Matt Gallant
- 551: Mollie McGlocklin on Sleep Is a Skill + Chronobiology and Circadian Rhythm
- 621: The One About Morning Sunlight – Short Episode
- 373: Why Sunlight Is As Important As Nutrition and Exercise for Health & Lifespan With Ari Whitten
- 561: Angelo Keely on Essential Amino Acids and Eating More Protein!
- 612: Dr. Gabrielle Lyon on Muscle-Centric Medicine, Eat Your Protein, and How to Train Better