This episode is all about parenting, how to release mom guilt and enjoy parenting more through some simple shifts that make your whole family happier. I’m here with Mariah Sage, who does exactly this. She helps parents raise empowered kids, improve their family dynamics, and actually enjoy the parenting process while releasing things like mom guilt and societal expectations that are relatively new to our generation.
She uses a work of a combination of intuition, systems, and clear applicable skills to create some really tangible shifts here, and we talk about a lot of those today. She has a background in psychology, and nearly a decade working in the childcare industry. And now her focus and passion in life is to help families live and work with more harmony.
In this episode, we go through things like why today’s moms feel increased pressure and mom guilt compared to other generations, how we can do it all (but not all at once) and what to do instead. She shares the reason why moms can feel like they’re losing themselves in motherhood and how to move past that and what we model matters more than what we say and how to use this to help our family have a calmer life.
Episode Highlights With Mariah Sage
- Why today’s moms feel increased pressure and mom guilt compared to previous generations
- We can do it all, but not all at once
- The reason why moms can feel like they are losing themselves in motherhood
- Why what we model matters more than what we say
- Kids need certainty and systems, and leaning into this can help relieve some of the mom stress
- Practical steps to start implementing systems to make things easier
- How cultural beliefs about parenting are making things harder
- The importance of play and boredom and how to reincorporate these if you haven’t done them
- Simple systems that make family life much easier
Resources We Mention
- EasefulMama Website – Mariah Sage
- EasefulMama – Instagram
- The Little House on the Prairie Books by Laura Ingalls Wilder
More From Wellness Mama
- 344: Get Your Kids to Listen Without Nagging, Yelling, or Losing Control With Amy From Positive Parenting Solutions
- 390: How to Raise an Adult: Break Free of the Overparenting Trap and Prepare Your Kids for Success With Julie Lythcott-Haims
- 387: Ask Katie Anything: Protein, Supplements, Sleep, Parenting, and Shoes
- Dear Parents, We Owe it To Our Kids to Stop This
- My Parenting Rule to Foster Independence (& Save My Sanity)
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is sponsored Everbella liquid collagen. Most collagen doesn’t actually get to your skin and there’s a very simple reason why. Many supplements have a weird filler that can actually decrease your natural collagen. Collagen can be the most powerful beauty tool you’ll ever use, IF you get the right kind! Even more fascinating is that I found a collagen that actually does work and nd it looks and tastes like delicious caramel. It does not have any fillers, sugar, or preservatives whatsoever. It comes from happy, grass-fed beef. There are no other companies who make micellized collagen that go through the extensive testing they do. They source their ingredients from Europe, Canada, and the USA. And the flavor is so good that I love adding it to coffee or on top of foods. Since collagen makes up 75-80% of your skin, this is a big part of my skin health arsenal and I’ve learned that beautiful skin starts from the inside out and is much less about the products we put on the skin. This micellized collagen supplement – one that’s super absorbable to allow maximum support for my hair, skin, and nails. Some types of collagen are actually too big to be used by the body, and this one uses the right size and form of collagen with Vitamin E and DHA for maximum benefit. Learn more and save 15% at https://wellnessmama.com/go/everbella/
This podcast is sponsored by Wellnesse, my personal care company focused on creating safe and natural products that nourish your body from the outside in so you can feel great about your family using them. I’m so excited about our best-selling mineralizing toothpaste that now comes in three different options: original mint, charcoal and strawberry (a kid favorite). Unlike most toothpaste, ours doesn’t have a poison control warning because it only contains ingredients that are safe and beneficial to your oral microbiome and to your tooth enamel. It’s centered on hydroxyapatite, which is a naturally occurring mineral used in tooth enamel, with things like aloe, neem and green tea to support optimal oral microbiome balance in the mouth. Our thousands of happy customers tell us how much fresher their mouths feel and how their teeth keep getting whiter and stronger naturally. Check out our toothpaste and all of our products at Wellnesse.com.