I’m here with Mariah Sage and I was excited to chat with her about parenting, how to release mom guilt and how to raise empowered kids. She uses a combination of intuition, systems, and clear applicable skills to create some really tangible shifts here, and we talk about a lot of those today. She has a background in psychology, and has spent nearly a decade working in the childcare industry. And now her focus and passion in life is to help families live and work with more harmony.
In this episode, we go through things like why today’s moms feel increased pressure and mom guilt compared to other generations. We touch on the reason moms can feel like they’re losing themselves in motherhood and how to move past that, why kids need certainty and systems, and why leaning into this can relieve a lot of that mom stress. Mariah shares some practical steps to start implementing systems that make family life easier.
Episode Highlights With Mariah Sage
- Why today’s moms feel increased pressure and mom guilt compared to previous generations
- We can do it all, but not all at once
- The reason why moms can feel like they are losing themselves in motherhood
- Why what we model matters more than what we say
- Kids need certainty and systems, and leaning into this can help relieve some of the mom stress
- Practical steps to start implementing systems to make things easier
- How cultural beliefs about parenting are making things harder
- The importance of play and boredom and how to reincorporate these if you haven’t done them
- Simple systems that make family life much easier
Resources We Mention
- Mariah Sage – Website
- Little House Books by Laura Ingalls Wilder
More From Wellness Mama
- 544: Amy McCready on 5 Hard Truths About Parenting (& Steps to a Calmer Home Life)
- 471: Dr. Jen Forristal on Umbrella Parenting and Raising Children With Strong Coping Skills
- 390: How to Raise an Adult: Break Free of the Overparenting Trap and Prepare Your Kids for Success With Julie Lythcott-Haims
- 344: Get Your Kids to Listen Without Nagging, Yelling, or Losing Control With Amy From Positive Parenting Solutions
- 316: 17 Practical Time-Saving Systems for Parents (& How I “Get It All Done”)
- How to Keep Kids Active With Adventure Points
- Backyard Ideas to Keep Kids Playing Outside All Summer
- 100+ Boredom-Busting Activities for Kids
- The Neuroscience of Play & Why Kids Need It
- How to Choose Low Clutter Toys (Ideas Kids Love)
- 9 Important Skills We Should Teach Our Kids
- My Parenting Rule to Foster Independence (& Save My Sanity)
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Join the Conversation...