Hands down, the question I’m asked the most is how I “get it all done.” It’s true — with six kids, homeschooling, running several businesses, and prioritizing health, I have a lot on my plate.
The truth is, there was a time not so long ago when I nearly dropped all of the plates I have spinning. I was headed for burnout, fast.
Once I realized that all my work and businesses ran on systems, but my family and personal life did not, what I had to do became clear. I had to solve for everything that was creating the most stress in my life, and find solutions for those variables.
Today I’m sharing everything I went through to find the systems that are working for me now. I still don’t do it all (not even close!) but I have found peace as I move through the many stages of motherhood and entrepreneurship. I think there are some common ways we can stay on top of the demands of modern life and run our lives, rather than the other way around.
Episode Highlights: My Time-Saving Systems
- My process for identifying (and solving for) the key stressors in my life
- How I apply the 80/20 Rule for parenting, exercise, meal planning, business, and more
- My seasonal meal plans that made getting a healthy meal on the table so much easier
- Pantry ingredients I’m never without
- Why I let my kids wear the same clothes over and over (and over again)
- One area of life that I never compromise and why
- Why not taking responsibility for everything brought our family closer together
- And more!
Resources I Mention
- Chili Pad or Ooler
- Four Sigmatic – Reishi Elixir
- Oura Ring
- Organifi – GOLD drink
- Thrive Market
- Primal Kitchen
- Vitamin D
- Brain Harmony
- CAR.O.L bike
- Blog Post: 6 Natural Sleep Remedies (You May Not Have Tried)
- Dr. Weil Podcast (With Breathing Technique)
More From Wellness Mama
- How My Kid’s Capsule Wardrobe Simplified My Life (& Laundry)
- Overprotected Childhood: How Keeping Kids Safe is Actually Harming Them
- Why Balance Is a Moving Target & How I (Sometimes) Hit It
- My Parenting Rule to Foster Independence (& Save My Sanity)
- The Minimum Effective Dose for Wellness
- 315: Mindfulness for Moms With Ziva Meditation’s Emily Fletcher
- 309: How I Overcame Trauma (and Lost 50 Pounds)
- 289: Stoic Wisdom for Modern Life and Parenting With Ryan Holiday
- 147: Using Heart Rate Variability with HeartMath to Stop Stress & Improve Nervous System Health
Do you have time-saving systems for your home and life? What works for you? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Gaia herbs and their black elderberry syrup! I’ve been a big fan of Elderberry syrup for years and theirs is the best premade one I’ve found unless you want to make your own. You can experience for yourself why it is America’s Favorite Organic Black Elderberry Syrup! It is the #1 best-selling organic Black Elderberry syrup in the U.S. This time of year, it is a medicine cabinet staple and immune season essential. Elderberry will help your family stay feeling well with the delicious immune elixir loved by adults and children alike. It is Certified organic – this powerful syrup concentrates the juice from 14.5 grams of elderberries in a single teaspoon, so it’s highly potent. It is made with just four clean whole-food ingredients and is vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free and soy-free, making it safe for most people. Black Elderberry Syrup is safe for the whole family and is formulated for adults and children age 1 and older. You can save big on Gaia Herbs by going to gaiaherbs.com/wellnessmama and use code WELLNESSMAMA at checkout for 20% off your first purchase.
This episode is sponsored by Four Sigmatic, the reason I’m on shrooms (the legal kind) every day. They make a wide variety of superfood mushroom infused products from coffees and teas to elixirs and even chocolate that is infused with ten mushrooms! I have a shelf in my pantry just for Four Sigmatic products and keep pretty much all of them on hand. Some current favorites… my kids love the reishi infused cocoa, and I love that it helps them sleep! I also really enjoy their 10 mushroom blend which contains all of my favorites like chaga, cordyceps, reishi and even meshima. I add this to coffee, tea, or smoothies to get a daily dose of shrooms. As a listener of this podcast, you can save 15% by going to foursigmatic.com/wellnessmama and using the code “wellnessmama”