Today I am here with Alicia Silverstone, who you probably know from her acting career. In this episode, we go deep on motherhood, health, birth, sunlight, sleep, and a lot of topics that are applicable to all of us. She was a pleasure to speak with and there is so much to learn from her story.
While Alicia and I come from different viewpoints on the particulars of what we eat, this conversation is really important for that reason. As moms, we actually agree on 98% of things and so often it’s very easy, especially on social media, to focus on the small percentage of things we disagree about. In the end, we all want the best health and the best futures for our kids and for the world, and we find a lot of amazing common ground in this episode and talk about a lot of these topics. I really enjoyed this conversation. I know you will, too.
Episode Highlights With Alicia Silverstone
- How her health journey started at age 8 and how it’s grown since then
- Why she got into the supplement world when she got pregnant with her son
- What the birth of her son was like and how it changed her
- The importance of listening to our bodies and being your own advocate
- Importance of sleep and how she gets it as a parent
- How she incorporates sunlight into her routine for better sleep and health
- Her best tips for getting kids to love veggies
Resources We Mention
- The Kind Diet: A Simple Guide to Feeling Great, Losing Weight, and Saving the Planet by Alicia Silverstone
- The Kind Mama: A Simple Guide to Supercharged Fertility, a Radiant Pregnancy, a Sweeter Birth, and a Healthier, More Beautiful Beginning by Alicia Silverstone
- The Real Heal Podcast with Alicia Silverstone
- MyKind Organics Prenatal Vitamin
- Finding Your Own North Star by Martha Beck
- The Four Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- The Food Revolution: How Your Diet Can Save Your Life and Our World by John Robbins
More From Wellness Mama
- 508: Simon Hill on Plant-Based Eating, Saturated Fat, and Personalized Nutrition
- 295: Health Foods That Are Actually Making Us Sick With Dr. Gundry of the Plant Paradox
- 194: Nora Gedgaudas on Longevity, Autoimmunity, & Plant-Based Diets
- 530: Matt Titlow on How to Know What’s Really in Your Supplements
- 529: Dr. William Li on Eat to Beat Disease: The New Science of How Your Body Can Heal Itself
- 495: Madiha Saeed on The Holistic Rx for Kids: Parenting Healthy Brains and Bodies in a Changing World
- 299: How Serenity Kids Is Revolutionizing the Baby Food Industry
- Tips & Tricks for Getting Kids to Eat More Vegetables (the Sneaky Way)
- 35+ Healthy Lunch & Snack Ideas (Kids Will Eat!)
- How to Get Kids to Eat Healthy Food
- Dear Parents, We Owe it To Our Kids to Stop Picky Eating
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Join the Conversation...