I’m here with Matt Titlow today, who has a lot of experience in the supplements industry and shares all of his knowledge and experience. He’s a 17-year veteran of the nutritional supplement industry and he really goes deep on the process of what happens before supplements ever get to you, how to understand the labeling on supplements and what regulation actually looks like.
He also touches on why he’s not a fan of gummies as vitamins, what to know about dosing and what’s actually in your supplements, the research surrounding Vitamin D, more reasons to be a fan of magnesium (which I have been a fan now for years) and also not to forget about potassium. He talks about his personal 80/20 for health. We cover a lot of ground in this one!
Episode Highlights With Matt Titlow
- The long process that happens before supplements ever get to you and how to know what’s actually in them
- What labelling on supplements actually means and what regulation looks like
- Why he isn’t a fan of gummies for vitamins
- How to know the dosing on what is actually in your supplements
- His take on Vitamin D
- More reasons to be a fan of magnesium (and not forget about potassium)
- What postbiotics are (like butyrate) and how they work in the gut
- The biggest areas to optimize for better energy
- Hydration, sleep, and supplement tips
- His personal 80/20 for health
- Why he also gets morning sunlight daily
Resources We Mention
- Life Extension Foundation
- The Psychobiotic Revolution: Mood, Food, and the New Science of the Gut-Brain Connection by Scott Anderson
- Finding the Mother Tree: Discovering the Wisdom of the Forest by Suzanne Simard
More From Wellness Mama
416: Q&A: Supplements, EMFs, Protein Snacks, First Principles, and More
387: Ask Katie Anything: Protein, Supplements, Sleep, Parenting, and Shoes
327: Optimizing Gut Health to Keep the Immune System Strong With Tina Anderson
What Are Postbiotics (& Why We Need Them)
Are You Getting Enough Vitamin D?
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Join the Conversation...