Chicken fingers are a kid (and adult) favorite, at least at our house. As with all of our favorite foods, I’ve found healthier alternatives to the traditional versions as we’ve adopted a healthier diet.
This particular recipe uses almond flour to create a grain-free, gluten-free chicken tender that tastes even better than “regular” versions (at least in my opinion). The honey mustard sauce is a simple addition loaded with brain healthy good fats. These are great on their own or topping a salad with some pecans and goat cheese (my favorite).
If your family likes chicken fingers, give this healthier recipe a try! My kids love to dip these in homemade honey mustard sauce.
- Cut the chicken in to strips or nugget size.
- Beat eggs with 1 teaspoon of water in a medium bowl.
- Add chicken strips and toss well.
- In another bowl, mix almond flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Heat tallow or coconut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Once oil is hot, coat chicken in egg mixture and then dredge in almond flour mixture and place in pan. Cook 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from pan and keep in oven to keep warm while additional batches are cooking.
- Once all are cooked through, sprinkle with additional salt and pepper and serve with (optional) honey mustard sauce.