My kids are big fans of this recipe and love helping make it. It takes under 20 minutes to cook and is perfect for busy nights.
This taco scramble stir-fry is also wonderful as filler for an omelet for breakfast, or it can be easily packed for lunch (it’s good cold too!)
You can easily customize to your tastes and add any other toppings you like: salsa, fresh tomatoes, sour cream, cheese, guacamole, etc.
- 1 pound ground beef (or turkey, pork, venison, bison, etc)
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 2 bell peppers (any color)
- 2 medium squash or zucchini
- 1 large hand-full of fresh spinach (2-3 ounces)
- Spices to taste: I used about 1 tablespoon each of: cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, Himalayan salt, and fresh cilantro
- Optional toppings: Cheese, Sour Cream, Salsa, Avocado Slices
- Brown the beef until well cooked in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Remove and add thinly sliced onions, peppers, squash/zucchini to the pan and saute, stirring constantly, until starting to soften.
- Return meat to pan and add fresh spinach.
- Spice to taste and continue to cook until spinach is wilted.
- Remove and serve with any desired toppings.
What is your go-to stir fry? Share below!