Garlic is one of my family’s favorite flavors, so it’s no surprise that we loved these garlic roasted mushrooms. They’re simple to make and go with almost any beef recipe (poultry too!).
Healthy Garlic Roasted Mushrooms
I’m always looking for new ways to include a variety of nutrients in my family’s diet. Garlic and mushrooms are two foods that contain many nutrients that the body needs:
- Garlic – This herb is both a deliciously aromatic and medicinal. While its use historically has wavered between an herb from the gods and a food only fit for animals to eat, garlic continues to be a common food and herb today. Many studies have shown its health benefits to include supporting heart health, hair health, and fighting infections.
- Mushrooms – Some types of mushrooms are great for medicinal purposes, such as those that boost energy or support the immune system. Culinary mushrooms are just great for supporting overall health. And they taste good too! Mushrooms contain antioxidants, B vitamins, copper, vitamin D, and potassium. Mushrooms also contain lots of soluble fiber, which is great for supporting digestion and heart health.
Garlic and mushrooms are healthy, but they are also delicious and a great addition to most meals.
How to Make Garlic Roasted Mushrooms
This mushroom side dish is simple and easy to make. Here are the steps:
- Heat butter, garlic, and lemon zest on the stove
- Place the mushrooms (stems up) in the bottom of a non-toxic preheated skillet
- Drizzle with garlic butter and bake for 20 minutes
- When done cooking, squeeze lemon juice over the mushrooms and sprinkle with parsley
I love to serve these to dinner guests because they’re easy to make and feel so elegant!
Ideas for Serving
This dish is an easy side for one-pot meals and skillets as well as holiday spreads and get-togethers. Here are some of my favorite pairings:
- Perfect Prime Rib – I came up with this recipe after tons of research into the easiest way to make a delicious prime rib. This is one of our holiday favorites and is simple to make.
- Healthy Slow-Cooker Meatloaf – This recipe is perfect for busy days because it can cook while you’re out and about. I’ve also made it with different spices and herbs for different flavors.
- Easy Chuck Roast Recipe – This is also amazing in the Instant Pot for those days when time just slips by. I love that I can throw this in and do nothing until it’s finished!
- Garlic Herb Pot Roast – Great in the Instant Pot, this recipe is quick and easy to make. But it can also easily be made in a slow cooker if you want to start it early in the day.
- Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie – My kids love sweet potatoes so this variation on the Irish classic is an easy way to sneak in extra veggies. It also freezes well for a quick weeknight meal.
- Skillet Steak and Butternut Latkes – This simple meal is great on its own but is amazing with garlic-roasted mushrooms as a side dish.
I have also been known to eat these mushrooms leftover alongside rolled up deli meat (homemade preferably) as a quick snack or lunch.
Garlic Roasted Mushrooms Recipe
Are you a mushroom lover? What’s your favorite way to eat this delicious fungi?