Dr. Stephen Cabral is a board-certified doctor of naturopathy and founder of the Cabral Wellness Institute. He has been through his own life-altering illness diagnosis. After recovery, he discovered a passion for helping other people do the same through naturopathic and functional medicine.
In this episode, we talk about the common root causes he looks for when he’s helping his patients, and so much more. From inflammation to autoimmunity to thyroid to genetic stuff, we cover it all! We also talk about things like fasting, weight loss, hormones, and some of the more controversial topics.
I’m sure you’ll learn a lot just as I did in this super-comprehensive, very, very informative episode.
Episode Highlights With Dr. Stephen Cabral
- How his own health journey that sparked his passion for natural medicine
- The reason it can be tough to get a diagnosis on certain health problems and what to do if you are in that situation
- How he got his autoimmune diseases into remission
- The reason genes are not your destiny
- Why getting well is often a subtractive practice vs an additive one
- You are not your disease and why you have to disassociate to get well
- Why there’s no such thing as a “disease” just collections of symptoms
- The inflammation connection
- Why body fat is 300% more toxic than blood (because the body uses it to store harmful things)
- The importance of micronutrients vs macronutrients and how to use this to your advantage
- How to use fasting the right way (and when not to)
- The top four things to look for: h.pylori, candida, parasites, and SIBO
- Why inflammation isn’t something to be squelched (it’s a warning sign not a disease it itself)
- The reason to keep Vitamin D between 50-70 and when to supplement
- Why autoimmunity has a 90% correlation with intestinal permeability
- Why it is better to skip dinner and not breakfast
- His 80/20 rules and number one health advice
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Dr. Stephen Cabral Website | Instagram
- The Rain Barrel Effect by Stephan Cabral
- Stephen Cabral podcasts
- Dr. Cabral’s protocols and labs (EquiLife)
- The Power of the Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This episode is sponsored by Hiya Health, essential super nutrient vitamins for kids. While most children’s vitamins are filled with 5 grams of sugar and can cause a variety of health issues, Hiya is made with zero sugar and zero gummy junk, yet it tastes great and is perfect for picky eaters. Hiya fills in the most common gaps in modern children’s diets to provide the full-body nourishment our kids need with a yummy taste they love. Manufactured in the USA with globally sourced ingredients each selected for optimal bioavailability and absorption. Hiya arrives straight to your door on a pediatrician-recommended schedule. Your first month comes with a reusable glass bottle your kids can personalize with stickers, then every month thereafter Hiya sends a no-plastic refill pouch of fresh vitamins — which means Hiya isn’t just good for your kids, it’s also good for the environment. Get some for your kids at hiyahealth.com/wellnessmama.
This episode is sponsored by Paleovalley, my source for grass fed beef sticks but I’m also loving their Apple Cider Vinegar Complex. It lets me get all of the healing properties of apple cider vinegar into daily diet without the taste or the burn. ACV has been shown to support with digestion, breaking down proteins (amino acids) for better absorption, and improving the blood sugar response supporting with satiety and cravings. The main ingredient, Acetic Acid, supports in extracting nutrients from food for use by the body. Acetic Acid works against enzymes that digest starch in stomachs so you can absorb fewer calories. It also improves satiety (studies show may help you eat 200-300 less calories a day),improves blood sugar response, and helps us store less fat. Check this out and all of their products at paleovalley.com/mama for 15% off