My guest Dr. Rick Henriksen is a concierge medicine doctor with SteadyMD, my favorite online source of health care for our family. Dr. Rick is also Whole 30 founder Melissa Urban’s personal physician, which means he has an in-depth understanding of how diet affects health and a functional medicine approach to solving health problems.
Before coming to SteadyMD, Dr. Rick served on the faculty of the University of Utah’s School of Medicine. He also holds a master’s degree in Public Policy in the area of health. We’re going to dive deep into the state of health care today and why concierge medicine was the right way for him to move forward.
Episode Highlights With Dr. Rick Henriksen
- Why he left a successful practice to become a concierge medicine doctor with SteadyMD
- The approach he takes with families and new patients
- What you need to know about magnesium and vitamin D
- How billing practices affect the delivery of service
- Why compassion belongs in healthcare (and how Dr. Rick is bringing it back)
- The most frequent health complaints in Dr. Rick’s practice and what most of them have in common
- Two supplements almost everyone should take
- Root causes of stress and why it takes a deeper look to find them
- Simple and realistic strategies for getting better sleep
- How to get started with a concierge doctor
- And more!
Resources We Mention
More From Wellness Mama
- 174: How to Save Money and Get Better Healthcare With SteadyMD
- 284: Why Healthcare Sharing May Be the Future of Medicine With KNEW Health
- 270: You Don’t Need More Sleep, You Need Better Sleep With ChiliPad
- 224: How to Use Sound and Music to Optimize Focus and Sleep With Brain.fm
- Tips to Naturally Reduce Stress… Starting Now!
- Natural Ways to Get Better Sleep (Even If You’re a Mom!)
- Why Personalized Concierge Medicine Is the Future of Health
What questions do you have for Dr. Rick? Please let us know by dropping a comment below or leave us a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
If you’re enjoying these interviews, would you please take two minutes to leave a rating or review on iTunes for me? Doing this helps more people to find the podcast, which means even more moms and families could benefit from the information. I really appreciate your time, and thanks as always for listening.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
Today’s podcast is sponsored by one of my favorite companies – Four Sigmatic. I love all of their delicious coffees, teas and elixirs and they are such a part of my daily routine that I can’t even remember the last time a day went by when I didn’t consume at least one of their products. With both caffeine free and naturally caffeinated options like coffee and matcha combined with superfood mushrooms like chaga, cordyceps and reishi. Their drinks are functional and delicious and I notice a difference when I don’t drink them. My normal routine is to drink coffee with Lions Mane in the morning, cordyceps or chaga while I work during the day and reishi to wind down at night. My kids also love the reishi cocoa and it helps them sleep better. Check out all of their products and save 15% on any order with the code wellnessmama at foursigmatic.com/wellnessmama
This podcast is brought to you by Radiant Life Catalog. Radiant Life is a woman-owned, family-run online health and wellness company specializing in food-based supplements, nutrient dense foods, eco-friendly housewares and water filtration and purification. After spending over 20 years in the health industry, Radiant Life realized that one of the overlooked components of wellbeing is access to clean, healthy and hydrating water. Now , they have a range of filters that fix this for every type of house and budget from counter top to under counter and even whole house like the one we have. Their systems are crafted with a health and wellness focus. They improve the taste and smell of water but, more importantly, they remove a wide range of potentially harmful contaminants. They also have and in-house water expert is available all the time to guide you through the system selection process and answer all of your questions via phone or email. Their systems are also designed and built in the USA and really high quality. Go to radiantlife.com/wellnessmama and get $200 off a Whole House or 14-Stage Water System with the code WMPODCAST.