I have a pre-teen daughter now and it’s a whole new world! I’ve been thinking a lot about today’s topic, which is how modern toxins and lifestyle affects our kids during puberty. Dr. Anne-Marie Fine is an award-winning researcher and expert on this topic. She founded a forward-thinking health company called IAMFINE, based on her personal and clinical experience with chronic disease caused by environmental toxicity.
With rising concentrations of 80,000 new chemicals in our environment, it’s important for us as parents to know how to recognize precocious puberty and take proactive steps, from preconception to pregnancy to puberty and beyond.
Episode Highlights With Dr. Anne Marie Fine
- What precocious puberty is and how to recognize it
- The stats on the onset of puberty globally
- Why pre-conception is the time to take action
- The rising field of environmental medicine and how doctors trained in this can help
- The chemicals and hormone disruptors shown to affect puberty the most
- Some free and easy methods to reduce toxin exposure
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Dr. Anne Marie Fine
- The IAMFINE Guided Detox Program
- Cracking the Beauty Code: How to Program Your DNA for Health, Vitality, and Younger-Looking Skin by Dr. Anne Marie Fine
- Just Thrive
- EverlyWell Vitamin D Test
More From Wellness Mama
- 348: How to Minimize Your Exposure to Toxins & Effective Detox Protocols With Dr. Sandison From Neurohacker
- 265: With Hormones, Normal Isn’t Always Normal With Dr. Shawn Tassone
- Are There Natural Solutions for Precocious Puberty?
- The Dangers of Plastic
- Best Alternatives to Plastic Water Bottles
- Do We Really Need Air Filters? (+ Reviews)
- The Best Water Filter For Home Use (Pitcher, Charcoal, Under-Counter)
- How to Grow Broccoli Sprouts (& Why We All Should)
- Lab Tests You Can Order From Home (Without A Doctor)
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This episode is sponsored by Everlywell, at-home lab tests that you can get without a doctor order! I’ve used many of their tests and can recommend a couple that have been especially helpful. They have an at-home allergy test for 40 of the most common allergens using the same CLIA-certified labs used by Allergists/Doctors. The labs are reviewed by an independent physician and measure IgE levels of common allergens including pet dander, mold, trees, grasses, and more. I also really like their food sensitivity tests that test for IgG reactions. This was a big key for me in my health recovery, as there were foods that didn’t show up as an allergy that were causing inflammation. I used an elimination diet, but this food sensitivity test also filled in the missing piece of the puzzle for me. Through healing my gut, I’ve been able to remove all sensitivities except for eggs. Finding out I was highly sensitive to eggs made a huge difference for me, as I ate them often as an inexpensive protein source. I feel so much better now that I don’t eat eggs and I would never have known that without this test! I also use their at-home Vitamin D test to keep an eye on those levels. Check out all of their tests at wellnessmama.com/go/everlywell. Use code MAMA10 for 10% off orders.
This episode is sponsored by Joovv, a natural red light therapy in your very own home. We may not think of light when we think of essential nutrients that our body needs, but light is absolutely necessary! This is the reason I go outside as soon as possible after waking up in the morning, and the reason I spend time in front of my Joovv. Light is energy and our bodies need light in certain forms in order to sustain healthy cellular function. Red light in particular, especially in certain wavelengths, has very specific benefits for hair, skin, and cellular energy. I like Joovv because they are third-party tested for safety and performance and use a Patented modular design which allows you easily treat your whole body in under 20 minute and lets you use anything from a small system to a larger system that you would find in a Chiropractors office. Joovv uses clinically proven wavelengths of light that provide energy to the body. They have Bundle pricing discounts which allow you to save more money when purchasing larger setups. Get free shipping at joovv.com/wellnessmama and use code WELLNESSMAMA for a free gift!