Katie and Heather are back for another Saunacast… though technically a Randomcast since they aren’t in the Sauna for this one. In this episode they delve into why they see personalized medicine as the future of health and how they’re using various at-home testing to personalize their own health routines.
Genetics & Personalized Medicine
They delve into how they use genetics tests like Nutrition Genome and gut tests like Viome to create their own personalized routines for their families. Katie and Heather also both recently moved and they explain why, where (kind of) and what has changed.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- The tests Katie and Heather use on their own families and what they’ve learned
- Why they both recently reduced their saturated fat intake
- The correlation between genetic testing and gut testing
- How they find balance in their lives
- Why community is so important and how to create it in daily life
- The importance of family traditions
- How to create a “family manifesto” and why
- The state that “legalized the 80s” again
- The motto that both of their families have adopted
- What types of movement they are trying
Resources We Mention:
- Nutrition Genome genetic testing
- Viome gut testing
- Life Extension blood testing without a doctor (click on “lab testing”)
- Wellness Mama post on at home lab testing
- Creating an epic backyard that will keep kids playing all summer long
- 63 Fun Summer Activities to Try
- Myobuddy Massager
- Clearlight Saunas
- Sunlighten Saunas
- Benefits of Water Fasting
- How to Grow Broccoli Sprouts and The Benefits of Sulforaphane
- Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck
Special Thanks to Today’s Podcast Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Homebiotic. We all know about our microbiome and most of us know about our oral microbiome and even our skin microbiome. But it’s easy to forget that we live in a microbial environment as well and our home environment influences our health too. The overuse of disinfectants and harsh cleansers has led to an overgrowth of less than optimal bacteria in many homes. Those of us with little kids have children sitting on the floor of our homes and interacting with that bacteria on a daily basis. So, my solution to this has been Homebiotic. This is a natural probiotic spray for the home that neutralizes odors, germs, and even mold. You can check it out at wellnessmama.com/go/home-biotic.
This podcast is brought to you by Phat Fudge. If you’ve never tried it, this is essentially coffee meets fudge meets energy bomb and it’s delicious! Invented by my friend Mary Shenouda, this on-the-go food is nutrient dense and delicious. I often travel with a few of these in my suitcase for a quick breakfast or meal if there aren’t good food options whenever I’m traveling. Wellness Mama listeners can get a 20% off discount with the code “wellnessmama” at wellnessmama.com/go/phat-fudge.