Today I’m talking with Danielle LaPorte, author, fellow podcaster, and mom. She’s written several books on the topic of bettering ourselves and having a positive influence on those around us. Her podcast often ranks in the top 10 for wellness and she’s also a member of Oprah’s SuperSoul100.
We talk a lot about her work and how it’s so relevant for moms especially. Some of the topics that she brought up in our conversation really helped me have a new perspective. We talk about how love can be the positive catalyst behind growth in our lives and some of the self-healing and self-acceptance practices we can do to get there. We talk about ditching bucket lists, the best way to benefit from affirmations, and why gentleness is a revolutionary concept we all need.
I enjoyed our conversation and lot and learned so much today and I think you will too!
Episode Highlights With Danielle LaPorte
- The inspiration for her work… the question, “What do I want to feel?”
- Our relationship to feelings and how to learn to get to choose how we want to feel
- Why you aren’t your feelings (and why this is a great thing)
- How to move into a space of more awareness and unconditional love with yourself and your children
- The downside of positive affirmations if they aren’t done right
- Characteristics of loving thoughts and how to create more of them in your life
- The reason she says it is the end of the time of bucket lists and why
- Why gentleness is countercultural
- A practice she hasn’t recommended before but that she explains in this episode
- Self-healing and self-acceptance practices we can do with ourselves
Resources We Mention
- Danielle LaPorte – Website
- The Desire Map: A Guide to Creating Goals with Soul by Danielle LaPorte
- How to Be Loving: As Your Heart Is Breaking Open and Our World Is Waking Up by Danielle LaPorte
- The Continuum Concept: In Search Of Happiness Lost by Jean Liedloff
- Women Who Run with the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estés
More From Wellness Mama
- 535: Dr. Margaret Paul on How to Learn to Love Yourself, Inner Bonding and Better Parenting
- 448: Mike Bayer on Creating a Strong Mindset in Ourselves and Our Kids
- 223: How a Mindset for Moms Can Help You Get More Done & Stress Less
- 579: My First Principles Parenting Approach and What Works for Me
- 560: Dr. Molly Maloof on Hormones, Trauma Recovery, Healthspan and the Science of Love
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Join the Conversation...