Today I get to talk with Dr. Kulreet Chaudhary about how she’s used sound for decades in her own life with amazing results and how she shares this healing power with others. You’ve heard me talk about light therapy before and how important morning sunlight is every day (plus it’s free!). Sound therapy is another profound therapy that’s accessible to all of us.
Dr. Kulreet is a neurologist and neuroscientist who has developed a system to successfully manage chronic neurological disorders like MS and Parkinson’s. Sound therapy can be used every day though to help move us to a state of rest and calm or as a tool to release trauma. And moms of little ones, the mantras Dr. Kulreet shares can even help young children sleep better.
Releasing past trauma was a big key for me in my health journey and sound therapy is one major way to do that. So if you’re ready to get your mind in a positive state and have more peace in your life, then check out today’s podcast and shared resources!
Episode Highlights With Dr. Kulreet Chaudhary
- How she got into martial arts and Tai Chi
- Her start in sound therapy when she was just nine years old
- How sound healing works and how quantum biology is helping us understand it
- Sound and light therapies to impact the vibrations of the body
- What brain entrainment is and how sound affects it
- Why we are wired to receive sound and how different sounds affect us
- How ultrasound is one example of how sound is used in medicine but how there is a long way to go
- The vibrational frequency of different organs and how sound can help impact them
- What the chakra mantra is and how it can help our bodies
- Sound therapies you can do yourself that help balance the body and mind
- How we are impacted by the sounds of our silent minds every day
- Ways to turn on your neuroendocrine balancing system with sound
- How sound can help heal trauma
- Mantra means “through the mind” and how a mantra can help clear trauma
- How even our language and the sounds of our words affect ourselves and others
- Ways to find sounds that line up with traditions or beliefs you have
- One calming frequency she is finding people need more and more right now that helps with anxiety
Resources We Mention
- Chakra Chants
- Kulreet Chaudhary MD – website
- Healthy Directions
- Sound Medicine: How to Use the Ancient Science of Sound to Heal the Body and Mind by Kulreet Chaudhary M.D.
- Sound Medicine Course
- The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran
More From Wellness Mama
- 157: Michael Tyrrell on How Music Can Change the Brain & Body
- 224: Dan Clark on Using Sound & Music to Optimize Focus and Sleep
- 164: Vanessa Gaudin on Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy & Sound Therapy
- 570: Antony Bartlett on Tai Chi, Meal Planning, and Why Food (really) Is Love
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Join the Conversation...