I’m here today with a long-time friend who is also the founder of one of my most used apps on my phone, which is called Real Plans. Antony Bartlett is one of the co-founders and the software guy behind all of the amazing functionality, and this meal planning app saves me so much time in planning out my meals as well as my grocery shopping. Real Plans is such a time (and money!) saver because I don’t waste food and it’s so simple that even my 6-year-old can plan meals.
We delve into a lot of that today, and we also get a glimpse into something that’s also very important to him in his life, which is Tai chi. And he shares his journey with Tai chi and how this actually led into his work, because of the importance of these values that he centers his life around. We talk about why Tai chi is a moving meditation, how it helps us let go and be present, how these types of movements actually can help with body alignment and so much more. We also touch on nutrition and food, and why this is such an important part of his life as well. I’m so glad that you guys get to listen in to this conversation with a personal friend and co-founder of something that has made my life much easier.
So, without further ado, let’s join Antony.
Episode Highlights With Antony Bartlett
- How Antony and I met
- Food tip: Dogs love watermelon rinds
- How Antony discovered Tai Chi and how it changed his life
- Why Tai Chi is a moving meditation
- The importance of letting go and being present
- How nutrition comes into play and his journey with food
- The importance of foods that don’t have labels
- Why eating nutrient dense food is even more important than it ever has been
- Statistics about cooking at home vs. eating out or eating processed food
- What sets Real Plans apart and why it is one of my biggest time savers
Resources We Mention
- Real Plans
- Zach Bush
- Letting Go by David R. Hawkins MD PhD
- The Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu
- The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran
More From Wellness Mama
- 564: Chris Kresser on Nutrient Deficiencies & Why the Way We Think About Health Needs to Change
- 405: Eat Smarter: How to Use Food to Reboot Your Metabolism With Shawn Stevenson
- 335: How the Food Industry Preys on Children & How to Fix It (With Dr. Mark Hyman)
- 257: Jeffrey Smith on The Truth About GMOs & Secret Ingredients in Our Food
- Simple Batch Cooking Meal Plan
- The Ultimate Guide to Meal Planning (for Families)
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This episode is sponsored by NativePath, and in particular, their collagen, which is my go-to right now. I like using collagen because it helps replenish the body’s natural collagen levels, and our modern diets are often low in these important compounds found in collagen that we used to get in bigger amounts from natural sources like broths. Collagen is great because it is a super convenient and easy way to get these benefits. It’s flavorless and dissolves easily in hot or cold liquids so it’s easy to add to coffee, soup, smoothies, or really any food or drink. Every scoop of NativePath Grass-Fed Collagen is consistently formulated with 10 grams of the highest-quality grass-fed, Type I and Type III collagen which makes up 90 percent of all the collagen in your body and is critical for maintaining your skin, hair, nails, lean muscle metabolism, smooth digestion and so much more. Use this link to receive a special deal – wellnessmama.com/go/nativecollagen/
This podcast is sponsored by Wellnesse… that’s wellness with an e on the end, my new personal care line of haircare, oral care and deodorant. Our newest product that I’m so excited about is our all-natural deodorant that works better than conventional alternatives, without the harmful chemicals or pore-clogging junk. Unlike many natural brands, it uses the right balance of natural odor blockers so that you get the protection you want without any irritation or itching. Formulated with only EWG safe ingredients and EWG and B-corp certified, it’s a safe, natural and effective solution for the whole family. Check out these and all of our amazing products at wellnesse.com.