I’m here with Kristin Weitzel, who is a nutrition specialist, fitness trainer, advanced breathwork instructor, cold exposure coach, and high-performance maven, and we go deep on women’s health, fitness, and recovery. We talk about ice baths, red light, protein, supplements, and so much more.
When I reconnected with her recently at an event she hosted, we talked a lot on these topics and I was excited to have her on the podcast to share her knowledge with you. And so today, we go deep on the most common challenges facing women, especially when it comes to health, the importance of breath and some easy ways to optimize yours, how our cycles influence our training and optimal ways to incorporate fitness and recovery. It was such a fun conversation!
Episode Highlights With Kristin Weitzel
- The most common challenges she sees with women in health today
- Female specific health challenges and solutions
- Shifting language from “losing weight” to “body recomposition” and focusing on muscle and strength
- The importance of breath and some easy ways to optimize yours
- What fitness variance is and how women’s cycles influence training
- Optimal ways to incorporate fitness for women: strength, mobility and sprinting
- How to recover optimally and some new strategies to try
- Why women need specific amounts of protein and why protein before and after are so important
- Our bodies are like batteries and how red light can help charge
- Reasons to try ice baths even if you think you hate cold
- Her top supplements for women
- Solutions to post covid hair loss
Resources We Mention
- Warrior Woman Mode – WOWfactor course (use code WELLNESSMAMA for a $250 discount)
- Kion aminos
- Joovv Red Light Therapy
- Chronometer for tracking food
- Warrior Woman Mode – Instagram
- Wellpower Podcast
- The Artist’s Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity by Julia Cameron
More From Wellness Mama
- 375: How to Breathe the Right Way (& Why It Matters!) With Max Gomez From Breathwrk
- 93: How to Avoid the Most Common Fitness Mistakes Women Make
- 371: How Eating More Protein Will Transform Your Metabolism w/ Dr. Gabrielle Lyon
- 352: How Protein Improves Metabolism and Health With Billy Bosch From Iconic Protein
- 189: How Red Light Therapy or Photobiomodulation Works & How to Get the Benefits With Joovv
- The Benefits of Red Light Therapy (Photobiomodulation)
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Join the Conversation...