I’m answering your questions today, from supplements to fasting to homeschooling to EMFs… and beyond! These solo episodes are always fun for me because I get to hear from you guys and hopefully, help by answering some questions that are really on your mind.
Episode Highlights: Q&A With Katie
- If it’s healthy to cycle supplements, and an easy way to remember when to take what
- Why I don’t eat 3 meals every day (and what I do instead)
- How my food sensitivities led to a nutrient deficiency, and how to avoid this happening to you
- A novel way to approach to beat the caffeine addiction (and enjoy your coffee more)
- Whether I worry about EMFs in our home, and how my approach has changed over time
- An easy way to cut EMF exposure (and one part of the house to focus on)
- Ways to increase protein intake even if you have food sensitivities
- What is circadian fasting
- My experience with tracking my fasting glucose levels
- Things I have personally tried to tone and tighten skin after weight loss
- Why I’m so interested in first principles and how it factors into how we homeschool
- More about my Unstitute program, available soon
- Why so much health information seems to conflict, and how to get to the bottom of it
- Whether my views on sugar have changed at all
- Changes I’m seeing from daily red light therapy
- Common problems with keto and how I approach it
- Natural hacks to smooth cellulite
- Benefits of going barefoot as much as possible
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Nutrition Genome genetic testing
- Dr. Petra
- Podcast 203: Hidden EMF Dangers and How to Mitigate Them With Geobiologist Brian Hoyer
- The $15 Fix to Reduce WiFi Exposure by Half
- 371: How Eating More Protein Will Transform Your Metabolism w/ Dr. Gabrielle Lyon
- PaleoValley Beef Sticks
- Good Culture Cottage Cheese
- Ground Beef Jerky Recipe
- Just Thrive Probiotics
- Levels Glucose Monitor
- Post: Ice Bath Benefits: How Cold Therapy Improves the Body and the Brain
- Post: The Benefits of Red Light Therapy (Photobiomodulation)
- Podcast 373: Why Sunlight Is As Important As Nutrition and Exercise for Health & Lifespan With Ari Whitten
Did you enjoy this podcast? What would you like me to answer in the next solo episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is sponsored by Flying Embers, a better-for-you alcohol brand that brews Hard Kombucha with probiotic-powered Hard Seltzer. All of their products are zero sugar, zero carbs, USDA certified organic, and brewed with live probiotics and adaptogens. They’re also all keto, gluten-free, vegan, and low in calories, so they’re a great option for a functional low-calorie drink that is delicious. I love their flavors. They have some really unique ones, like Grapefruit Thyme and Guava Jalapeno, and I’m a big fan of their Clementine Hibiscus. All of their products are artfully crafted with a dry fermentation process, which gives the Hard Kombucha a perfectly balanced natural sweetness that tastes amazing despite having zero sugar and carbs. We’ve worked out an exclusive deal just for you. Receive 15% off your whole order. To claim this deal, go to flyingembers.com/wellnessmama and use code WELLNESSMAMA at checkout and the discount is only available on their website. And they’re also available nationwide at grocery stores, anywhere you find beer and hard seltzers, but check out where to find them and get the discount, flyingembers.com/wellnessmama.
This podcast is sponsored by BluBlox glasses. Did you know that Blue light damages our eyes and leads to digital eye strain when it comes from artificial sources? Symptoms of digital eye strain are blurred vision, headaches and dry watery eyes. For some this could even cause heightened anxiety, depression, and low energy. I personally noticed that when I was exposed to blue light after dark, I didn’t sleep as well and felt more fatigued the next day. BLUblox are the evidenced backed solution to this problem and made under optics laboratory conditions in Australia. They have over 40 styles and come in prescription and non-prescription so there is a pair for everyone. I also love that BLUblox is also giving back by working in partnership with Restoring Vision in their buy one gift one campaign. For each pair of BLUblox glasses purchased they donate a pair of reading glasses to someone in need. Really awesome company and really awesome mission. Get free shipping worldwide and 20% off by going to blublox.com/wellnessmama or enter code wellnessmama at check out.